Manager, Data Science Strategy
New York, New York, United States; Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 774144BR Location New York, New York, United States; Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Feb. 17, 2021
- Creating and optimizing audience segmentation models that enable us to target specific audiences based on brand affinities, app behavior, and video viewership among other things.
- Examining other ways to expand audience sizes and depth through look-alike modeling of behaviors within our own network of digital properties.
- Analyzing the performance of models in real-world campaigns and collaborating with the audience modeling team to optimize and refine the models.
- Building and refining the audience graph to understand users in both the registered and anonymous space.
- Maintain the data strategy roadmap as it pertains to audience modeling, measurement, and insights.
- Serve as subject matter expert for the data science team with relevant internal/external ad and data technology teams.
- Balance business timelines with scientific rigor to improve decision making while working in an MVP (minimum viable product) model environment.
- Oversee the development and code deployment for clean rooms enabling pre-planning insights, targeting, and measurement capabilities.
- Manage a cloud data environment, ensuring proper access management and monitoring costs.
- Help grow a multichannel advertising technology capability by leveraging internal and external datasets to expand our reach within and across platforms.
- Serve as a surge resource for the data scientists developing new tools, statistical models, and analysis processes to improve how data is used across the organization.
- 7+ years of experience driving measurable results (monetization, engagement) with digital products across various business models.
- Experience acting as an in-house consultant for external clients and internal stakeholders
- Experience with complex, large-scale relational databases, statistical programs and other tools (SQL, R, Python etc.) with an aptitude to learn other technical applications quickly to compile and interpret quantitative data.
- Experience with multiple cloud data warehouses and knowledge of how to transfer data between them
- 2+ years of experience working in an agile environment helping lead development of requirements, management of workflows and priorities, and generation of feedback to a data team
- Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity (big-picture perspective, asks "why") and a hands-on/execution capacity (detail-oriented, conscientious)
- Excellent understanding of statistics and the ability to confidently translate statistical analyses into compelling and actionable recommendations
- Experience building complex visualizations (Tableau, Looker a plus)
- Experience with consumer behavior and insights analysis (transactional and usage)
- Great communication and teamwork skills
- Knowledge of Salesforce DMP, Adobe Audience Manager, Oracle BlueKai or other DMPs a plus
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as lead a growing team
- Consultative or client-facing experience preferred
- B.A. or B.S. in a Quantitative field (Math/Statistics, CS, Engineering, Business, Economics) or equivalent work experience
- Master’s degree
Additional Information:Location: Open to LA, New York or Seattle.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.