Manager, Data Science
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 735143BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted 13/01/2020
Job Summary:Supporting the Disney Advertising Sales organization within our new Direct-To-Consumer & International (DTCI) segment, the Data Science & Analytics team are subject matter experts in each of the following areas:
- Creating and optimizing audience segmentation models that enable us to target specific audiences based on brand affinities, app behavior, and video viewership among other things.
- Examining other ways to expand audience sizes and depth through look-alike modeling of behaviors within our own network of digital properties.
- Analyzing the performance of models in real-world campaigns and collaborating with the audience modeling team to optimize and refine the models.
- Work closely with business partners to understand use cases and envision execution plan.
- Lead multiple projects with minimal oversight.
- Communicate project status to key stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Help create long term vision for business enhancement.
- 7+ years of experience driving measurable results (monetization, engagement) with digital products across various business models.
- Experience with multiple cloud data warehouses and knowledge of how to transfer data between them.
- 2+ years of experience working in an agile environment helping lead development of requirements, management of workflows and priorities, and generation of feedback to a data team.
- Experience with complex, large-scale relational databases, statistical programs, and other tools (SQL, SAS, R, etc.) with an aptitude to learn other technical applications quickly to compile and interpret quantitative data.
- Innovative thinker capable of operating both in a strategic capacity (big-picture perspective, asks "why") and a hands-on/execution capacity (detail-oriented, conscientious).
- Experience with consumer behavior and insights analysis (transactional and usage.)
- Experience or familiarity in cross device/ID graph solution is a plus.
- Great communication and teamwork skills.
- Proven ability to collaborate, build consensus and navigate complex environments.
- Knowledge of Salesforce DMP, Adobe Audience Manager, Oracle BlueKai or other DMPs a plus.
- Knowledge or background in data engineering is a plus.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently as well as lead a growing team.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Direct-to-Consumer and International, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.