Manager - Developer Productivity Engineering
New York, NY - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 697326BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted 16/12/2019
- You care deeply about coaching, mentoring, and growing the careers of your team
- 5 to 7 years or technical experience, including 2+ years in an engineering leadership role
- You have a technical track record that speaks to your team’s problem space, and allows you to offer them guidance
- You’re a self-learner, independent, and have excellent problem-solving skills
- You have exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Experience with software containers (e.g. Docker, rkt, runC) and schedulers (e.g. ECS, Kubernetes, Nomad)
- You have led a distributed engineering team
- You have deployed and operated geographically distributed, redundant services
- Engagement with open source community
- Languages: Go, Ruby, Bash
- Tools: Ansible, Docker, Git, Graphite, GraphQL, Jenkins, Logstash, Packer, Sensu
- Data stores: DynamoDB, Elasticsearch, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Hire and nurture distributed engineers through mentorship and career advocacy
- Enable data-driven prioritization and decision-making for your team through cross-organizational communication
- Encourage individual decision-making amongst your team to support growth opportunities for your directs
- Foster an open environment of mutual support and engineering effectiveness
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.