Manager, Display MediaApply NowApply Later Job ID 10009413 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Nov. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
Disney Streaming is a business unit within the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment at The Walt Disney Company, which oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s international operations and direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including Disney+ and ESPN+. Our core mission is to deliver the unparalleled storytelling created by our renowned content partners across The Walt Disney Company to global audiences by giving them the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
The Customer Acquisition team is tasked with driving new subscriber growth. The team is responsible for the planning, execution and optimization of user acquisition and performance marketing campaigns. The ideal candidate has a passion for the digital media landscape and understands the intricacies and unique attributes of every step in the marketing funnel. The successful candidate will bring a highly analytical, creative, and flexible growth mindset to the role, which will be critical to delivering breakthrough thinking for this channel.
- Oversee and manage a team in the development and implementation of both programmatic and digital media strategies to drive global subscriber acquisition, conversion & efficiency
- Ability to collaborate with cross-regional teams and manage multiple countries
- Supervise the management of robust portfolio within existing programmatic and digital channels (i.e. display, native, video, audio, etc.), while exploring growth of new channels
- Lead channel strategy, campaign structure, optimizations, and ad content (including strategic recommendations on creative content and messaging)
- Provide ongoing training, feedback, and coaching to direct reports in order to improve individual as well as team development
- Compile education collateral and lead internal sessions on latest paid media trends and advancements
- Optimize budget across sites & placements to deliver positive return on marketing spend
- Develop and test new audience segments (i.e. retargeting, lookalikes, custom audiences, etc.)
- Support ongoing creative and landing page experimentation and testing
- Recommend new paid media tactics, concepts, and approaches to inform broader marketing strategy
- Collaborate cross-channel, with larger paid media team, to align on performance trends to ensure holistic team success
- Excellent strategic planning skills with the ability to identify, prioritize, and articulate high impact paid media campaigns and initiatives
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment, supporting new products/businesses supported by a proven large-scale media property
- 6+ years paid media & acquisition experience required, with at least 2 years programmatic experience; media agency experience preferred
- Direct response experience a must
- Hands-on keyboard executional experience in Google’s Display & Video 360 and/or Verizon Media DSP required
- Global/international media buying experience
- Comprehensive in-platform knowledge of programmatic buying, audience creation, campaign management and in-dash optimization techniques
- Strong understanding of 3rd party tracking, serving, and attribution technologies, primarily Google’s Campaign Manager, Adobe Analytics, and Kochava
- Data and yield analysis skills (DMP) experience
- Ability to strategically assess new opportunities and make data-driven decisions resulting in tangible improvements in performance
- Flexibility & ability to work in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- A strong communicator with a can-do, positive attitude and a strong desire to get things done
- Understanding of the LATAM market strongly preferred
- Sense of humor and desire to have fun!
The hiring range for this position in New York is $125,900.00-$157,400.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.