Manager, Domestic Touring OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 819821BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Jul. 23, 2021
Disney Theatrical Group currently seeks a Manager of Domestic Touring Operations to join its Domestic Touring team. The Touring Department serves as a full-service in-house Booking, Marketing and Engagement Management team that is currently represented on the road with the national tours of Disney’s THE LION KING and FROZEN.
As Manager, Domestic Touring Operations, you will work on many aspects of each tour engagement, interacting with Presenters and venues across North America as well as many different departments within DTG. The main areas of focus will be pricing, contracts, and supporting show logistics/operations. This position will be in the middle of the action, serving as the point person on a variety of topics and helping to ensure the successful administration of all engagements. Other responsibilities include but are not limited to maintaining various department databases and the consolidated calendar of all live Disney-branded events in North America to support Touring team decision-making.
This is a key role based in the New York City office and reporting to the Director of Tour Management.
- Serve as DTG's primary contact with Presenters across North America regarding initial ticket pricing, discount approvals, and performance schedules. Lead internal pricing approval process and issue final ticket memos and seat maps to all internal and external parties working on each engagement. Send updates as needed.
- Partner with Sales, Ticketing & Analytics team to create and distribute box office set-up and policy memos for each touring show.
- Partner with the Production team to finalize and distribute documents such as theatre modification memos, tech rider updates and seat kill memos, as well as to coordinate the scheduling of venue surveys.
- Collaborate with Director of Tour Management to negotiate and draft engagement deal memos and contracts.
- Oversee distribution and tracking of all deal memos and contracts; manage comment review and working toward signature of all documents well before the start of each engagement.
- Obtain and distribute Certificates of Insurance for all tour engagements.
- Work closely with Presenters, venues and various DTG departments—especially the GM/Company Management teams—to communicate engagement needs on both sides and to resolve on-site operational issues, including, but not limited to: tech rider questions, settlement questions, merchandise needs, security issues, and special projects such as sensory-friendly performances.
- Obtain from Presenters documents and information such as labor agreements, tech specs, current tax rates and box office fees, as needed.
- Maintain show route sheets, road grosses, deal database, tracking sheets and other industry reports; distribute each as needed.
- Maintain the primary contact list of all tour presenters and venues.
- Oversee consolidated calendar of North American engagement dates for all Disney product, including but not limited to Disney Theatrical Licensing, Feld Entertainment, Disney Music Group, Disney Channel and other approved Disney-branded live experiences. Coordinate date approvals and issue conflict reports as needed.
- Minimum 2 years of general, engagement or company management experience in the live ticketed-event industry.
- Ability to manage relationships internally and externally for optimal value.
- A client service and problem-solving mindset.
- Exceptional project and time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize, track and present a high volume of information.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and comfort with financial details (e.g., calculations, percentages, tax deductions, etc.) and budget preparation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint.
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Attends and participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required
- Models and supports the mission and values of The Walt Disney Company and Disney Theatrical Group by demonstrating inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment
- Familiarity with the Broadway touring industry and markets.
- Experience in preparation of contracts.
- Basic familiarity with box office systems and statements.
- Some experience with database and/or workflow software.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
Additional Information:DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, disability status, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.