Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Finance - Direct to Consumer (DTC) - Disney +Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 669691BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted May. 21, 2019
Job Summary:DSS is a global leader in delivering direct-to-consumer live and on-demand entertainment at scale. By driving technological innovations in live sports and on-demand video, the goal is to give global audiences the freedom to access Disney content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
DSS is seeking a Manager of Finance to partner with the Direct to Consumer organization to launch Disney’s streaming service. This finance role will be a key member of the DTC team and the trusted financial advisor for the upcoming launch of Disney+ The pace and cadence for change at DSS requires an ability to manage multiple projects, collaborate with multiple stakeholders and roll up your sleeves to support this important business.
- Prepare financial models to support marketing, customer acquisition and content
- Develop performance metrics for Disney+ with the team
- Prepare weekly and monthly reporting of Disney+ financial results, engagement KPIs and financial metrics
- Forecast monthly subscribers including split of organic/paid, conversion rates, churn and blended CPA
- Develop sensitivity analysis on subscriber forecasts by content drops
- Develop performance dashboards and analyze results of operations to identify areas of success and challenges which may justify additional resourcing to gain traction
- Perform scenario analysis on investments being considered to increase subscriber count and improve user experience
- Analyze e variable costs including guidance on provisioning of AWS spend for key content drops
- Analyze aspects of operations, structure, and spending patterns to help identify opportunities with the goal of maximizing operational efficiency
- 5-7 years Finance experience
- Meaningful DTC business model experience preferably within the digital streaming industry
- Experience in customer acquisition modelling, decay curves and LTV calcs
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen.
- Ability to identify issues
- Ability to translate financial information to various business audiences to drive decision making
- Knowledge of financial processes and financial systems including general FPA requirements
- Strong work ethic
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.