Manager, Finance- Disney Theatrical GroupApply NowApply Later Job ID 10065913 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Nov. 15, 2023
It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, inclusion, collaboration and creativity. Stories shape how we see ourselves and everyone around us. As storytellers, we have the power to not only uplift and inspire, but also to champion the spectrum of voices in our world. If you want to help tell compelling, diverse and enduring stories through movies, music or live theater, then we want to hear from you.
Disney Theatrical Group is currently seeking a Finance Manager to support the Broadway and Merchandise team. The Manager will oversee and help drive the financial performance of Disney Theatrical Group’s show operations in North America. This individual will be responsible for all the forecast, planning, reporting and analysis related to Broadway and Merchandise shows as well as additional financial support related to Disney Theatrical Group’s stage productions.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Continuously develop and update weekly/monthly/quarterly sales and financial reporting for senior management used to evaluate the current state of the business versus forecast, plan, and prior year results
- Conduct regular sales/marketing trend analysis
- Support quarterly forecasting and annual budget processes
- Manage the work flow of the Flash/Forecast, AOP, and 5YP submissions
- Assist in the submission of the division’s P&L, Cash flow, and Variance templates to Studio
- Develop revenue and marketing expense forecasts to be used in the quarterly flash/forecast, AOP, and 5 Year Plan by working closely with Broadway/Touring teams
Financial Reporting & Close
- Act as financial liaison between Controllership team and Finance to ensure accuracy of P&L. Work directly with the Controllership team to resolve issues.
- Assist in creating / implementing quarterly management financial reporting package
- Research trends in live entertainment and conduct market/industry/competitor reviews
- 3-5+ Years of progressive Finance / Accounting experience
- Proven capability in strategic problem framing, issue identification, and the development of practical business solutions
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong financial modeling skills (intermediate/advanced Excel capabilities)
- Strong attention to detail without losing sight of broader objectives
- Appreciation and/or knowledge of theatre producing and live entertainment industry
- Demonstrated commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics/Finance/Accounting
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, disability status, and sexual orientation.
The hiring range for this position in CA is $117,342.00 - $157,419.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.