Manager - FinanceApply Now Apply Later Job ID 762685BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Jun. 26, 2020
The successful candidate is a production savvy, financial guru that can take data and translate it into sound business recommendations to enable ABC News editorial leaders to make nimble, actionable decisions. The ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with multiple Business Partners across the Domestic and International Bureaus will be critical to success.
The position will report into the ABC News Director, Newsgathering & Operations Finance. The Manager, Finance will manage one Senior Financial Analyst direct report.
Responsibilities:Business Planning & Decision Support
- Support the day to day financial operation of the New York News Bureau, including Editorial, News Coverage, and other Hard News Units.
- Analyze all aspects of spending patterns to identify opportunities for efficiency and cost control
- Prepare reports on financial performance, forecast, and budget to communicate performance to Business Partners
- Provide insight on trends and financial history to Business Partners in order to enable informed decision making.
- Partner with Newsgathering Finance team members to identify and establish best practice and consistent analyses throughout all Bureaus
Financial Planning & Production Support
- Own and prepare the Annual Operating Plan, Long Range Plan, forecasts, monthly & weekly reviews and other ad hoc reporting (Editorial, News Coverage, etc.)
- Develop and track KPI’s for editorial and operations by creating processes to instill a culture of proactive cost discipline
- Collaborate with editorial and operations team to create and manage budgets for special news events; post event review and settlement of event costs
Organizational Development & Business Transformation
- Champion a culture of creativity, collaboration, diversity, and innovation
- Be an essential resource for the Business Partners; an integral part of the decision making team
- Develop and mentor a team of 1 (Senior Financial Analyst)
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience, ideally past experience leading / mentoring staff.
- Previous experience in entertainment industry FP&A a plus
- Advanced financial modeling skills and analytical skills.
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and SAP. Experience with Cognos TM1 is a plus.
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously.
- Innovative orientation with a proactive approach to problem solving.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- MBA or CPA preferred
About ABC News:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.