Manager, FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 888160BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 22, 2021
The DMED business is seeking a Manager of Finance to provide ad sales finance support to the Owned Stations group (OTV). The role will work closely with the Local Stations Sales teams and Finance groups supporting OTV Ad Sales within The Walt Disney Company. They will be responsible for managing and planning Ad Sales revenue related to the eight Owned & Operated ABC Stations. They will partner with the respective Research/RYM/OTV Finance partners to prepare strategic financial plans for key forecast periods (annual budget, long-range plan, and quarterly forecasts) for the linear Ratings Based OTV line of business, as well as manage the consolidated reporting of both Ratings Based and Addressable revenue for OTV. They will manage deliverables including Ad Sales Pacing, Rate/Volume analysis metric drivers, and Forecast/Plan modeling.
The Manager will participate in the financial planning process and create strategic analyses to support decision-making for the OTV line of business. The role will require the ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate with stakeholders across the company. The ideal candidate will be able to work independently and easily navigate and clearly communicate between the Ad Sales organization and the Finance organization.
- Manage the quarter-end reporting, forecasts, budgets, and strategic plans, as well as reports explaining variances between actual results and financial projections for all components of OTV Ad Sales revenue.
- Provide weekly reports of booked and working Ad Sales to management inclusive of revenue and key ad sales metrics.
- Oversee the development of new financial models to help drive the business.
- Provide consolidated RB/Addressable reporting and planning to all planning partners
- Minimum of 5 years in a corporate finance/business analytics role
- Demonstrated experience working closely with information systems and/or strong ability to quickly learn new information systems
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate clearly micro details into a broader summary for different levels of management
- Advanced Excel abilities (Nested statements, pivot tables, charting, and combining functions like Index, Match, Offset and Indirect) and experience exporting and working with large sets of data.
- Acute attention to detail and accuracy with an aptitude for troubleshooting data discrepancies
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Science/Engineering, or Accounting
- Master’s degree in a quantitative field preferred – Business Administration
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.