Manager, Group Sales (Touring) (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 711615BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Oct. 10, 2019
Disney Theatrical Productions also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live!, bringing beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide. In addition, DTP licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International, including The Lion King Experience, a unique holistic arts education program wherein accredited elementary and middle schools produce condensed, age-appropriate JR. and KIDS adaptations of The Lion King.
Disney Theatrical Group seeks a Manager, Group Sales (Touring) to work in concert with local presenters for the purposes of identifying incremental Group ticket sales on behalf of DTG’s National Touring productions – THE LION KING, ALADDIN and FROZEN. This position requires a candidate to possess an energetic outbound sales ethic, keen relationship management expertise and a working knowledge of Touring Broadway and ticketing.
The Manager, Group Sales (Touring) reports to the Vice President, Sales & Analytics. In this role, the individual will contribute to the Tour Management team responsible for guiding dozens of annual engagements while working closely with the Manager, Group Sales (NY) to leverage nationwide relationships in this effort. In addition, this role will liaise closely with Sales & Ticketing, CRM as well as Education & Outreach to maximize internal collaboration.
This Project Hire role is anticipated to last from October 2019 through September 2020 with an opportunity to extend beyond the first year.
- Execute a motivated, outbound, nationwide sales effort to drive $2M+ in incremental ticket sales on behalf of DTG’s touring productions.
- Partner closely with the Touring Management team as well as the NY Group Sales Department to establish a unified DTG voice on the topic of nationwide Group Sales.
- Sensitively manage relationship with Touring Presenters – in particular, Box Offices, Marketing departments, Subscription sales departments and, of course, existing Group Sales Managers.
- Coordinate efforts along with Sales & Ticketing, CRM, Licensing and Education & Outreach to maximize results.
- Understand DTG’s relationship with other sales organizations within TWDC – particularly the Disney Youth Programs team from Parks & Resorts.
- Stand ready to provide transactional support when needed to ensure a positive guest experience when purchasing tickets to ensure strong levels of conversion.
- To suggest changes in policy and pricing to ensure strong sales results.
- Help to plan events and junkets as well as attending conferences/trade shows as needed.
- Develop the DTG Group Sales “Tool Kit” to be shared with partners.
- Moderate travel is required throughout the year.
- No less than 4 years sales experience with a working knowledge of key ticket-buying constituencies.
- Experience in coaching/providing feedback – either to direct employees or to colleagues.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or a similar CRM is suggested; experience with Tessitura, Ticketmaster HOST and Archtics is helpful.
- Ability and grace to work in an open work environment is necessary.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills as well as a spirit for service and efficiency are required.
- Candidate must demonstrate a track record of positive annual sales results of no less than $1M in annual gross revenue per year.
- Candidate must have experience within the ticketed sports or entertainment space as well as a functional knowledge of Touring Broadway.
- This role is statused as a one year Project Hire with full benefits.
Additional Information:DTP is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.