Manager, Group SalesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 717035BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Nov. 12, 2019
DISNEY THEATRICAL PRODUCTIONS (DTP) operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global audience of more than 20 million people a year in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical Productions banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway productions around the world, including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Elton John & Tim Rice’s Aida, TARZAN®, Mary Poppins, a co-production with Cameron Mackintosh, The Little Mermaid, Peter and the Starcatcher, Newsies, Aladdin, and Frozen. Other successful stage musical ventures have included the Olivier-nominated London hit Shakespeare in Love, stage productions of Disney’s High School Musical, Der Glöckner Von Notre Dame in Berlin, and King David in concert. DTP has collaborated with the country’s leading regional theatres to develop new stage titles including The Jungle Book, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Freaky Friday.
Disney Theatrical Productions also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live!, bringing beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide. In addition, DTP licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International, including The Lion King Experience, a unique holistic arts education program wherein accredited elementary and middle schools produce condensed, age-appropriate JR. and KIDS adaptations of The Lion King.
Disney Theatrical Group seeks a Manager, Group Sales to lead its Broadway Group Sales team. This position requires a candidate to possess keen relationship management expertise, prior management experience, familiarity of the Broadway/Tourism Group Sales industry, and knowledge of ticketing and sales operations.
The Manager, Group Sales reports to the Manager, Global Tourism Sales. In this role, the individual will lead a team of Group Sales Associates while being the primary contact for key B-to-B clients with particular focus on the student / youth travel market. In this role, the Manager, Group Sales must work closely with partners such as CRM, Sales & Ticketing Managers, Box Office Treasurers, Education & Outreach, Operations and Marketing.
- Lead a team of Group Sales Associates (providing both inbound service and outbound sales solicitation) through coaching, motivation and systemization, enabling them to be a highly efficient sales organization.
- Maintain relationships and grow sales generated by top B-to-B clients within the Group Sales channel, identifying new sales opportunities and ensure seamless operations.
- Collaborate closely with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts’ Youth Programs group on conferences, events and sales missions to continue to foster a unified voice to shared clients, particularly those in the Preferred Client Program.
- Establish and formalize processes regarding sales practices,
- Respond to sales inquiries on a daily basis by phone and email, while maintaining positive client relationships.
- Process all aspects of group requests including but not limited to payments, ticket shipping and order adjustments.
- Collaborate with the Manager, Global Tourism Sales on strategy, partnerships and analytics.
- Oversee the social media personality for Disney Theatrical Group Sales.
- Develop and work with the Marketing team to execute a direct response marketing strategy in order to generate incremental sales and maintain market share within the existing competitive space.
- Manage an approximately $300K budget across three Broadway productions.
- Moderate travel is required throughout the year.
- Candidate must demonstrate a track record of positive annual sales results.
- Candidate must have experience leading sales professionals within hospitality, or the ticketed sports / entertainment space.
- No less than 5 year’s sales experience with an existing network of contacts in the group travel industry and domestic student/youth travel market.
- Strong computer proficiency including experience with Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a willingness to learn, a drive for superior guest service and a passion for the Walt Disney Company are required.
- Extensive knowledge of Salesforce, Nliven and Ticketmaster HOST preferred.
- Proven ability to provide training through presentations to small - large audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire, drive enthusiasm and teamwork with a commitment to guest service and sales.
Additional Information:DTP is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.