Manager, Health & Safety (PH) Marketing EventsApply NowApply Later Job ID 787565BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Oct. 01, 2021
The Manager, Health & Safety is responsible for ensuring that COVID-19 protocols are implemented on-set and assists Marketing team on running publicity activities and events smoothly. This position oversees, advises and implements the creation of the activity/event plan for policies and procedures in adherence and compliance with the most current health and safety protocols. The Manager, Health & Safety will dual report to Marketing executives and the Health & Safety Director.
- Lead COVID-19 health and safety planning for Marketing activities and events
- Determine requirements and advise Marketing executives and partners on needs to comply with health & safety guidelines
- Advise on best practices on health and safety related to COVID-19
- Ensure that each event/activity meets the health and safety standards
- Ensure required health compliance training for all crew, talent, etc. is provided
- Plan and oversee the ordering and distribution of supplies (PPE, disinfectants, etc.)
- Enforce Studio policies and protocols on-set in conjunction with Marketing management
- Manage staffing and supplies for cleaning and disinfecting including cleaning vendors
- Provide reports to management regarding concerns, violations, and compliance
- Lead and escalate issues to management, advising and guiding them to implement changes necessary
- Establish and lead an on-the-ground network of crew members to assist with implementation and monitoring of the program
- Work with all departments to ensure that staffing is in place to ensure key entry, egress and traffic flow areas are secure
- Review prep and schedules with management and crew to ensure all procedures (pods, teams, etc.) are established and maintained throughout the activity/event
- Ensure employee screening protocols are in place
- Stay current on new developments in health and safety to improve quality and efficacy of production processes
- Establish and manage on site testing vendor relationship, including scheduling, tracking and distribution of results
- Serve as the incident commander for any suspected cases of COVID-19 either through testing or symptomatic employees or crew members
- Experience working on set with feature or television production, or event planning
- Ability to adapt to varying work environments and new responsibilities
- Ability to assess, lead and escalate issues
- Ability to work with and communicate to key marketing executives
- Ability to work well in a team environment, communicating in a professional manner under all circumstances
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proven strong organizational skills including logistics, time management and scheduling
- Must be a people person who can manage with confidence, maintain policy/protocol with crew, and operate with authority when needed
- Must be comfortable speaking to groups and providing training
- Have a willingness to travel and keep a flexible schedule (work on a production/event schedule)
- Basic knowledge of safety and health standards and regulations.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Desire to continue development of technical skills and industry knowledge
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Traveling Lab, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Traveling Lab is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.