Manager, HR Business PartnerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 712942BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Oct. 23, 2019
Disney Theatrical Group also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live!, bringing beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide. In addition, DTG licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International, including The Lion King Experience, a unique holistic arts education program wherein accredited elementary and middle schools produce condensed, age-appropriate JR. and KIDS adaptations of The Lion King.
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Sitting at the intersection of Human Resources and our business leaders, HR Business Partners (HRBP) are in the unique position to help shape the employee experience, ensure the company’s talent grows in meaningful ways and support the long-term success of DTG’s business.
The Manager HRBP immerses themselves in the organization to build productive relationships at all levels and gain a deep understanding of DTG’s organization, culture, people, and business issues imperative for growth. They partner with business leaders on a daily basis to support the success of their teams.
The Manager HRBP reports to the Director HR Business Partner.
- Understand and translate business priorities, employee insights, and external market factors to proactively drive talent strategies.
- Partner with the Director HRBP and Studio Talent Solutions team to develop and execute a lifecycle, calibrated approach to talent management by assessing organizational performance systematically, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions in support of business objectives.
- Lead and champion DTG’s performance management process and system to foster a culture where no conversations are missed and all voices are heard.
- Pair with the Director HRBP and Studio Diversity and Inclusion team to develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention.
- Collaborate with DTG’s business leaders as well as Studio Talent Solutions and L&D teams, leverage existing programs, and develop specific learning experiences meaningful for all employees.
- Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close the gaps between current and future skill sets.
- Partner with Workforce Insights to oversee employee survey for DTG, results analysis, provide recommendations and support action-planning process.
- 5+ years of experience as a HR Professional. Specific experience with Business Partner, Talent Management, Learning and Development, Workforce Insights and Diversity and Inclusion functions.
- Excellent relationship management and communication skills including the ability to adapt message delivery to audiences for maximum impact.
- Proven ability to lead multiple initiatives, prioritize objectives, and reflect on completed projects with an eye towards adapting and improving subsequent efforts
- Passion for working in creative, dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior presentation and facilitation skills, including the ability to create effective and engaging presentation materials.
- Self-motivated, proactive attitude; adaptable and flexible; ability to lead and follow as circumstances require.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.