Manager, HR Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 840053BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Nov. 30, 2021
Through collaboration and relationship building with the business executives, HR Center of Excellence teams and other HR business partners, you will serve as an expert consultant to business leaders on all talent matters, including organizational effectiveness, leader effectiveness, organizational design, Diversity & Inclusion, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution. You will also partner with the business and broader HR team in identifying opportunities to enhance overall employee experience and engagement.
You should be a proactive communicator (both written and verbal) and change agent, who can successfully balance employee needs with business objectives to create integrated solutions.
- Partner closely with the Director of Inclusion Strategies and the broader Diversity and Inclusion team to develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention (i.e. job description review, implementation of training and development programs, etc…).
- Support leaders in their recruitment efforts by keeping strong relationships with recruitment teams throughout the process
- Coordinate Return to the Office plan in collaboration with technology and operations teams focusing both on the logistics and employee experience
- Manage annual compensation planning, partnering with DTG leaders and Studio HR teams
- Assess employee training and development needs based on business strategy in order to help close the gaps between current and future skill sets.
- Collaborate with business leaders as well as Learning and Development teams to leverage existing programs, and develop specific learning experiences meaningful for all employees. Monitor training programs to ensure that training objectives are met
- Develop and nurture partnerships through human resources to bridge any gaps between DTG and the broader studio.
- 3+ years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management and change management.
- Ability to find ways to build morale, improve workplace relationships, and boost productivity and retention
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place with the capability to help define the process.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with HR colleagues across the company to add value to the business.
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business-partnering skills with employee advocacy.
- Solid written and verbal communication with experience drafting communications and talking points for leaders and executive summaries.
- Demonstrated passion for and knowledge in furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in organizations, corporations, or institutions.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.