Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Learning & Talent DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 679243BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Jul. 09, 2019
Job Summary:About the team
The Learning & Talent Solutions team (L&TS) is responsible for driving the holistic talent strategy across Walt Disney Television (WDT). Our vision is to make WDT a magnet for talent – a place where employees can grow their career and grow for life. Where we have high-performing, inspired employees; a thriving culture where learning enables success; and diverse pipelines of talent.
Our team is responsible for career and professional development, leadership development, performance management, talent & succession planning, executive coaching and team effectiveness. The team balances driving a consistent strategy across the broad organization, but tailoring it to meet the unique and local needs of businesses within WDT.
About the role
The role is a critical member of the L&TS team, and will be primary support for our businesses located in NYC and Washington DC and work closely with HR Business Partners, leaders and employees in accessing and delivering key programs, processes and services for which our team is responsible. This person will be responsible for understanding and assessing business goals, identifying performance gaps, and developing strategies and solutions that close the gaps and drive impact.
- Be knowledgeable about L&TS products, services and initiatives, and serve as point of contact for HR Business Partners, leaders and employees in specific businesses or geographies.
- Develop relationships and in-depth understanding across WDT businesses, especially the businesses and client groups aligned to this role and serve as trusted advisor to HR and business leaders related to all areas of development and performance
- Assess needs, develop and execute learning strategies that build improve performance and engagement across businesses and teams.
- Assess team effectiveness and design/facilitate team work sessions to enhance team performance and relationships
- Develop or tailor learning programs targeted at specific audiences to build knowledge, skills and capabilities.
- Facilitate courses for managerial and professional audiences including (but not limited to) courses on management skills, communication skills and orientation.
- Apply learning theory/models, leverage or benchmark best practices/trends, and maintain knowledge of cutting-edge approaches in order to deliver performance-based learning solutions that drive measureable, lasting impact. Champion 70-20-10.
- Ability to lead and influence others in the development, planning and execution of key programs or initiatives; this position does not have a dedicated direct report.
- 5+ years of experience in internal or external consulting developing and executing learning strategies, projects and programs
- Ability to effectively and pragmatically apply L&D/OD approaches and frameworks to meet business and stakeholder needs
- Strong business acumen and a track record of successfully partnering with HR and business leaders, strong analytical, diagnostic, consulting and problem-solving skills and ability to tailor solutions to meet the needs of diverse businesses and learners
- Develop and deliver strategies and programs in collaboration with HR and business leaders that drive impact, engagement and performance; ability to use data to demonstrate value and impact
- Proven ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others across a matrixed organization and follow-through on commitments. Highly professional demeanor and diplomatic skills. Ability to create effective partnerships at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and storytelling skills; must be capable of communicating information to diverse audiences
- Proven ability to set priorities, meet deadlines, manage multiple demands, think strategically and solve problems
- Ability to facilitate highly complex, dynamic and interactive content while adapting approach and style to a variety of audiences and learning preferences
- Leverage project management and leadership skills to facilitate complex work and maintain stakeholder alignment, project plans and timelines
- Able to take multiple and complex inputs and concepts and distill into simple, relevant and executable strategies that are relevant, pragmatic, easy-to-execute and drive impact
- Experience working in fast-paced environments where multiple projects is the norm
- High degrees of initiative and creativity
- Television/media industry experience or experience working in a Fortune 100 company
- Certification in individual or team assessments
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in Human Resources Management, Instructional Design & Curriculum Development, Psychology, Consulting, Training and Curriculum Development, Communications, or related field
- Formal certification/education/experience in performance consulting, applying ADDIE or related learning models, adult development theory, or curriculum development desired
- Advanced Degree – PhD or MA/MS in Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Human Resources Development, Instructional Systems Design or related field; MBA
Additional Information:The position will support businesses located in New York and Washington D.C., and some travel may be required to consult, facilitate or execute core strategies and client work. The position could be located in DC or NYC, though NYC is where the largest client is located.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.