Manager, Literary Affairs (NY)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 799198BR Location New York, New York, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May 26, 2021
We are looking to add a Manager to our team to help us identify material with adaptation potential. This is an opportunity to work with a small, close-knit team and grow your career within a niche and in-demand segment of the entertainment industry.
- Build a network of new and existing contacts to pull in published material and intel
- Read a variety of manuscripts across all genres and giving verbal feedback on their film potential
- Discuss and advocate for books with executives across multiple divisions
- Attend meetings and publishing events to represent the office within the community
- Take the lead in hunting articles with film potential from newspapers and magazines
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in film scouting, foreign scouting, editorial, or agency
- An existing network of professional contacts within either publishing or film
- A voracious reader with a passion for books and movies
- An ability to think critically about content and articulate those thoughts succinctly and effectively
- A self-starter who can work independently without waiting on instruction
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and an ability to multitask
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.