Manager - Live Distribution, ABC NewsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 759580BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ABC News Date posted Apr. 20, 2020
- Maintain, design and implement playout automation system workflows and systems.
- Design and implement media preparation and delivery workflows along with Media Support and the Live Desk.
- Coordinate with various media system and IT stakeholders to maintain and grow DAI, captioning, EPG and related metadata systems.
- Maintain, improve and continuously standardize the distribution workflows end-to-end, given changing requirements and business needs.
- Ability to collaborate with numerous technical, operational and editorial teams to implement projects.
- Ability to self-start, problem solve and stay organized while implementing workflow improvements.
- Master control and live production systems experience (live switchers, video routers etc).
- Minimum 5 years of experience working in news productions/operations.
- Minimum 7 years of experience working in news production/operations
- Experience with GrassValley Morpheus playout automation
- Experience with live DAI implementations and content-aware targeting
- Experience with 608/708 captions & SCTE104/35 triggers
- Experience with live encoding/transcoding
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About ABC News:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.