Manager - Logistics Desk (ABC News)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 752368BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Mar. 11, 2020
- Manage staff and freelance NABET crew assignments for all ABC News platforms
- Work closely with the News Assignment Desks to coordinate coverage of planned and breaking news events
- Coordinate with other operational, support and editorial teams during planned and breaking news coverage
- Manage and support mobile devices and services for the News Division
- Working knowledge of the ABC News Drone Program
- Manage department inventory and resources
- Manage department schedules
- Must possess strong leadership and organizational skills with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and be decisive in a deadline driven environment
- Deliverable-focused with a strong work ethic and the ability to resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Be an integral part of the decision making team
- As a 24/7 department, the Manager may be required to work nontraditional shifts based on news events
- Ability to travel to large remote projects as needed
- Familiarity with the NABET contract
- Working knowledge of MediaPulse, SAP and Concur
- Prior media/television/broadcast industry experience
- Prior supervisory experience a plus
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.