Manager, MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 889873BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Nov. 24, 2021
The Marketing Manager will work side-by-side with the Director, Marketing in the development of the overall marketing strategy for DTG’s Broadway productions, including, but not limited to marketing process/meeting coordination, marketing strategy documentation and communication, budget management, media strategy, agency communication, brand integrity, and advertising campaign execution. The goal of the role is to assist in the coordination of the collective efforts of the marketing, sales, publicity and finance departments to maximize awareness and drive ticket sales across THE LION KING. The Manager, Marketing is also responsible for assisting in the development of marketing, media, brand integrity, and advertising campaign execution for other DTG self-produced shows as required.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Marketing Strategy and Implementation
- Responsible for ensuring consistent brand messaging and creative assets across all marketing and advertising mediums.
- Responsible for driving projects from initial request through project completion. Develop and execute briefs to ensure project goals and objectives are clearly defined and met for all parties.
- Manage the execution of advertising functions including planning, budgeting, creative development, asset tracking and trafficking, media grid development and media buying for the Broadway production.
- Partner with internal and external teams on new campaign development and key creative initiatives.
- Work with DTG’s Regional Engagement team in the evaluation of tour media plans and the implementation of marketing creative.
- In partnership with Director, Marketing and advertising agency, drive the planning and development of strong media campaigns and direct response marketing (both online and offline).
- Responsible for gathering, delivering and tracking all details needed for paid media on social channels.
- Explore new media outlets and trends in the marketplace.
- Manage vendor relationships and meet with potential partners.
Budget Management and Meeting Coordination
- Work closely with Director, Marketing to develop and manage annual and quarterly marketing plans and annual operating plans.
- Manage day-to-day budgets and oversee monthly actualizing and invoicing.
- Coordinate and manage marketing meeting schedule, agenda, attendees, materials and follow-up plans.
Consumer Insights and Research
- Responsible for management, implementation, and analysis of customer surveys
- Analyze ticket buyer data in an effort to find new opportunities and to optimize media buys
- In partnership with Director, Marketing and advertising agency develop and implement research strategies to help drive thoughtful campaigns to engage consumers across all dimensions of diversity and drive ticket sales
- 4-6 years of marketing experience
- Media planning experience (offline and online)
- Strong project management skills
- Solid understanding of marketing and finance principles
- Ability to work with numbers and analyze data to improve results
- Curious mindset and willingness to explore new outlets to tell our varying stories.
- Solution-oriented perspective that manages change and challenge well
- Strong written communication skills with ability to cater messaging to different audiences.
- Team player who can work across the organization.
- Passion for marketing to attract diverse audiences, from under-represented and historically excluded communities
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Demonstrate inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment that fulfills Disney Theatrical Group’s diversity and inclusion efforts (e.g., participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required etc.).
- Experience in live entertainment
- A proactive self-starting approach and an eagerness to learn
- Experience with Keynote & Adobe Suite
Additional Information:DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, disability status, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.