Manager, Media Systems - ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 932004BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Feb. 27, 2022
- In collaboration with the Associate Director, Media Systems, determine best-practice media operations technology architecture for all workflow solutions designed by the Media & Technology team. Media operations includes TX/RX, Media Ingest, Transcoding, Media Management, and Distribution – both live and file-based.
- Oversee the maintenance of current infrastructure and iteratively update it to match the desired architecture. This is a combination of on-prem and SaaS solutions.
- Project manage implementation of technical solutions in collaboration with other operations groups, IT and end-users.
- Keep up with industry best practices and innovations and maintain close, collaborative relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- 5+ years of experience with encoding/decoding, media management, IP video transmission and distribution technologies and workflow (baseband, file-based and streaming).
- Previous experience designing media processing and management infrastructure, especially as it relates to integrating various systems to create a larger architecture.
- Experience with Dalet and Avid Interplay
- Experience working in a large organization and solving cross-department problems.
- Must be team oriented and motivated by creating efficient solutions that drive end-user value.
- Ability to harmoniously and proactively work with different groups with varying work cultures.
- Self-motivated, pro-active and solutions driven.
- Software Development experience of any kind, especially as it relates to API integrations
- Video engineering experience; specifically related to video codecs, editing infrastructure, IP video transcoding and processing.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere, Aspera OnCloud, Telestream Vantage & Masstech solutions
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.