Manager, Network Security Engineering
New York, New York, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 778688BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 01, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is an industry leader in providing over-the-top content solutions, including Disney+ and ESPN+. We strive to deliver live and on-demand content to consumers with innovative features and best in class reliability. As a member of the Disney Streaming Networking organization, you would be responsible for securing and maintaining the global infrastructure necessary to support the company's streaming media platform.
We are currently looking for a Manager of Network Security Engineering who is passionate about all areas of data networking. The role is to be a leader within a dynamic team in support of the company’s streaming services. The Manager of Network Security Engineer, as the leader of a team, is responsible for all aspects of a project necessary to achieve successful implementation. This position offers an excellent opportunity for someone to gain exposure to best of breed technologies as well as establish themselves in a dynamic, growth-oriented environment.
- Design, configure, test, and maintain network security equipment and related services
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves security problems as they arise
- Work with the Engineering and Operation teams to define and document network security standards and architecture
- Daily maintenance and problem resolution, operating system patches and software upgrades, and routine hardware configuration
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation
- 10+ years working in Internet related fields, and an advanced understanding of TCP/IP
- Expertise in network security best practices, procedures, and implementation
- Experience with user authentication, authorization and Identity management products and technologies
- Familiarity with multi-vendor network operating systems
- Extensive experience with next generation firewalls.
- Vulnerability and Penetration testing experience
- Experience with denial of service mitigation methods and tooling
- Familiarity with multi-vendor data center switching
- Ability to efficiently resolve network security issues with varying degrees of complexity
- Extensive experience with security standards, audits, and log analysis
- Experience with different methods of intrusion detection and prevention
- Working knowledge of common network monitoring and security utilities
- Willingness to learn new technologies and maintain industry knowledge
- A self-starter able to work independently but also comfortable with delegating
- Excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- Excellent customer presentation skills
- A solid understanding of network virtualization landscape along with their supporting technologies
- Experience with automation tools and scripting are highly desired
- Experience in multi-vendor network security topologies
- Experience working in an Agile and DevSecOps environment
- Experience in either the media or web scale sectors
- A propensity to experiment with emerging technologies
- Current industry certifications are preferred
- Securing BGP, AAA, ACLs, SIEM, Threat Detection, Packet capturing tools, TCP/IP, Linux, NAT, and IPv6.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably engineering related, or relevant work experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.