Manager - News Gathering Operations, ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 776877BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content, ABC News Date posted Apr. 08, 2021
The Manager will also assist with the day to day operations of the Logistics Desk supporting all platforms at ABC News in collaboration with the News Assignment Desk.
- Collaborate with the News Assignment Desk and other operational, support and editorial teams during planned and breaking news coverage including management of NABET ENG crew assignments.
- Oversee on premises shared Operations Space with the goal of maintaining excellent inventory controls in collaboration with ENG/Secaucus Management, Logistics, IT and Health & Safety teams.
- Facilitating equipment requests in an efficient and expeditious manner by maintaining inventory for immediate deployment.
- Day to day operations of the Logistics Desk supporting all platforms at ABC News, thriving in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with the ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Working knowledge of the ABC News Drone Program
- Manage and support mobile devices and services for the News Division
- Must possess strong leadership and organizational skills with excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to prioritize, multi-task and be decisive in a deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of broadcast and small format camera equipment as well as other field ENG news gathering equipment
- Deliverable-focused with a strong work ethic and the ability to resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Be an integral part of the decision making team
- As a 24/7 department, the Manager may be required to work nontraditional shifts based on news events
- Ability to travel to large remote projects as needed
- Familiarity with the NABET contract
- Working knowledge of MediaPulse, Kronos, SAP and Concur
- Prior media/television/broadcast industry experience
- Prior supervisory experience a plus
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.