Manager - NewsOne, ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 765787BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television, ABC News Date posted Sep. 17, 2020
- Manages the NewsOne newsroom on various shifts, including weekends and nights.
- Directs NewsOne coverage of news stories and work of the newsroom staff
- Makes story assignments
- Works with other areas of ABC News and ABC affiliates to gather and distribute news content
- Manages customer service issues and operational issues
- Edits correspondent scripts
- Manages the editorial content and production of news packages and other content
- Produces live shots
- Provides customer service to international and domestic clients.
- Minimum of 3 years’ in a managerial position in a TV newsroom/production environment
- Must be well-organized, able to handle multiple issues and news stories simultaneously, and calm under deadline pressure
- Must work well with others
- Must have deep interest in news
- Minimum 5 years’ in a managerial position in a TV newsroom/production environment
- Affiliate and/or assignment desk experience a plus
- Field experience a plus
- Editing experience a plus
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.