Manager, NewsOneApply NowApply Later Job ID 10014050 Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney General Entertainment Content Date posted Aug. 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
This position manages the NewsOne newsroom on various shifts, including weekends and nights. This includes directing NewsOne coverage of news stories, directing the work of the newsroom staff, making story assignments, working with other areas of ABC News and ABC affiliates to gather and distribute news content, managing customer service issues, troubleshooting operational issues, editing correspondent scripts, managing the editorial content and production of news packages and other content, producing live shots, providing customer service to international and domestic clients.
- Manages the NewsOne newsroom on various shifts, including weekends and nights
- Directs NewsOne coverage of news stories and work of the newsroom staff
- Makes story assignments
- Works with other areas of ABC News and ABC affiliates to gather and distribute news content
- Manages customer service issues and operational issues
- Edits correspondent scripts
- Manages the editorial content and production of news packages and other content
- Produces live shots
- Provides customer service to international and domestic clients
- 3 years in a managerial position in a TV newsroom/production environment
- Must be well-organized, able to handle multiple issues and news stories simultaneously, and calm under deadline pressure
- Must work well with others
- Must have deep interest in news
- 5 years in a managerial position in a TV newsroom/production environment
- Affiliate and/or assignment desk experience a plus
- Field producing experience a plus
- Editing experience a plus
About Disney General Entertainment Content:
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.