Manager of Communications, Corporate, Publishing, & New MediaApply NowApply Later Job ID 784054BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Apr. 12, 2021
- Develop, execute, and manage proactive and reactive plans for key promotional events, projects, and initiatives
- Create and bring established relationships with key media outlets to successfully place constant news stories that drive sales and improve the Marvel brand
- Write press releases, media materials, and media strategy
- Coordinate internal corporate communications within Marvel
- Monitor and analyze brand reputation in traditional and social media
- Work closely with divisions within Marvel to provide synergy with Publishing & New Media
- Support corporate social responsibility and diversity & inclusion initiatives to support the brands mission.
- Act as brand ambassador with third party entities working with Marvel Entertainment
- Support media strategy and announcement plans around comic conventions
- 3-5 years of experience in media relations, corporate communications, and media strategy
- Strong proactive and reactive media relations experience; entertainment media preferred
- Strong experience in public speaking, writing press releases, and creating marketing plans
- Strong writing and editing experience
- Basic Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- A self-starter with an impeccable quality to multi-task and work on a number of projects at once
- A BA/BS degree in Communications, Marketing, or English
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Worldwide, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Worldwide, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.