Manager, Performance MarketingApply NowApply Later Job ID 763123BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Jul. 09, 2020
Inside the subscriptions segment is Marvel Unlimited (MU), the award winning digital comics subscription service providing instant access to over 27,000 Marvel comics including Spider-Man, The Avengers, Iron Man, Captain America, Thor, X-Men, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Deadpool and much more. We are seeking a Performance Marketing Manager to help lead MU into its next phase of growth.
We are seeking a Performance Marketing Manager to play a key role in the evolution and success of MU. Reporting directly to our Vice President, Marketing, this role will be the Paid Marketing Wizard, expertly developing advertising and subscription focused campaigns to achieve business KPIs, all while optimizing for efficiency and effective performance.
The ideal candidate is a curious, hard-working team player who loves digital innovation. This is a highly collaborative role which will interface with many teams include Editorial, Social Production, Marketing, Finance, Product and Business Intelligence in order to drive improvements in the marketing funnel and subscriber growth.
Responsibilities:Work in partnership and collaboration with the VP of Marketing to:
- Drive subscriptions, revenue & profitability through performance marketing efforts across paid marketing channels.
- Lead the planning for all existing and new paid marketing channels (including but not limited to Paid Search, Display, Retargeting, Paid Social, and Affiliate).
- Develop, implement and optimize creative campaigns through working closely with the Editorial, Production, Design, and Marketing teams.
- Manage the contracted media agency to successfully deploy marketing campaigns through a strategic media plan aimed at driving scale in subscriptions while maintaining target efficiency and CAC.
- Build and execute a digital testing roadmap across acquisition messaging, creative and audience using historical data as a guide.
- Manage marketing budgets in partnership with finance to ensure we reach our targeted goals and maximize performance, while also thinking creatively about growth opportunities.
- Own regular, clear communication of performance marketing performance and progress against goals in a cross-functional setting.
- Support Marvel New Media sales team on all deals involving paid distribution
- 5+ years of experience in performance marketing (preferably for a digital subscription service)
- History of running effective paid marketing campaigns
- Deep understanding of Google and Facebook paid ecosystems and how marketers can use tools, data and operations to maximize performance success
- Highly analytical mindset who enjoys organizing and synthesizing data
- Understanding of the subscription funnel and subscription economics
- Ability to prioritize, manage several projects at once and work under pressure.
- A fan of Marvel, and lover of comics is a plus.
Required EducationBA / BS Degree
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel Digital Media Group LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel Digital Media Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.