Manager, Platform Analytics
New York, NY - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 762542BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Jun. 22, 2020
Job Summary:Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the upcoming Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney-branded streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
Data Analysts in the Platform Analytics team are the analytical partner to the Disney Streaming Services product and engineering teams. They focus on improving customer experiences at critical inflection points in the customer journey on Disney+ and ESPN+ through measurement, analysis, and insight generation. Analysts on this team focus on improving business results through the combination of statistical rigor, data analysis, and fast paced execution with an emphasis on driving actionable business recommendations.
The Manager of Platform Analytics leads a team focused on helping interpret, report, and analyze the health of the core services platform of Disney Streaming Services. Their team will identify and test opportunities for optimizing subscription management, integrating data with customer service, and delivery of content to subscribers. They will be responsible for partnering across product and engineering to develop datasets and methodologies to measure how well the platform is performing against expectations. This role plays a critical role connecting various stakeholders that are responsible for delivering the best experience to Disney+ and ESPN+ subscribers.
- Experimentation: Develop test plans, define success metrics, and ensure accurate results methodologically, technically, and statistically.
- Goal Metrics and KPIs: Work “full-stack” to define KPIs and goal metrics with cross-functional stakeholders, forecast outcomes, and measure pacing against those targets.
- Business Performance Reporting, Visualization, and Regression Management: Be the primary partner for cross-functional stakeholders to understand performance of the platform. When a metric is ahead or behind expectations, dig in to drive meaningful, actionable insights that help the business performance improve or double-down on success.
- Deep-Dive Analysis: Analyze user behavioral data to identify patterns, uncover opportunities, and create common understanding of how people are interacting with the platform and content.
- Forecasting, and Opportunity Sizing: Both to set goals and help evaluate potential opportunities, this analyst will be tasked with forecasting and opportunity sizing. This will help business stakeholders evaluate trade-offs in different approaches, and create targets for driving business performance.
- Partnership: Partner closely with business stakeholders to identify and unlock opportunities, and with other data teams to improve platform capabilities around data modeling, testing platforms, data visualization, and data architecture.
- 7+ years of analytical experience.
- 3+ years of work experience using SQL; Python/R and other statistical programming language experience preferred.
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Have a demonstrated history of translating complex data sets into clear and actionable narratives and communicate opportunities and challenges to stakeholders.
- Familiarity with data exploration and data visualization tools like Tableau, Looker, Chartio, etc. Understanding of statistics concepts (e.g., hypothesis testing, regression analysis).
- Ability to think strategically, analyze and interpret market and consumer information.
- Strong communication skills, as well as written and verbal presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field including Marketing, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, Physics, Chemistry or Social Science.
- Graduate degree preferred.
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.