Manager, Pricing & PlanningApply NowApply Later Job ID 877349BR Location New York, New York, United States; Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 28, 2021
Disney Ad Sales Revenue Management division is seeking an experienced Manager who will be an outstanding addition to our Sales Planning team. As a Manager of Sales Planning at Disney, you will be responsible for providing mentorship, education and tactical direction to our Sales Planners and will be tasked with supporting the revenue generation of the Sales organization with a focus on our Automation business verticals, Advanced TV/Programmatic. Reporting into the Director of Sales Planning, this role will be focused on leading all aspects of, hiring, training, and developing the Sales Planning team as well as focusing on evaluating, revising, and implementing new processes, sales strategies, and tactics. The Manager of Sales Planning will be accountable for monitoring the performance, workflow, and individual progress of each team member. The Manager of Sales Planning will also provide Advanced TV/Programmatic pricing instruction and approvals for the Sales Planners and the Sales teams and will maintain relationships with business partners at various levels of the organization. The right person for this role must be very detail-oriented, a strong communicator, a problem-solver, and is adept at building & maintaining relationships. If you are someone who thrives in a results-driven, fun and fast-paced Sales environment, then this is an excellent role for you.
- Lead a team of Sales Planners across U.S. offices
- Collaborate with Planning Management counterparts to lead hiring process for new Sales Planners across U.S Offices
- Provide direction on training and education materials to Planning Specialists
- Collaborate with Sales in assessing Sales Planner performance to ensure that personal and team goals are achieved
- Support automated Sales efforts, including Advanced TV/Programmatic by helping to implement pricing strategy as directed by Sales/Planning Management in order to maximize Hulu revenue
- Develop processes and documentation to support changes within our toolset and across our business strategy
- Constantly assess all steps within the RFP process to resolve inefficiencies and redundancy
- Utilize marketplace knowledge and experience to inform new and developing go-to-market strategies
- Collaborate with the Ad Operations leads to build a seamless flow across pre and post sales functions
- Partner with the marketing teams to ensure Sales packages meet current marketplace expectations
- Collaborate with Senior Management and Analytics to generate reporting, analysis of trends and support optimization to facilitate the growth of the business
- A minimum of 5 years working in a digital advertising capacity, with a focus on yield, reporting and analytics preferred
- At least 2 years digital management experience
- Previous working knowledge of how Advanced TV/Programmatic digital media is bought and sold; including fluency in ad tech is a plus
- Experience working within a national sales organization
- A strong knowledge of online ad products, ad serving capabilities, philosophies, and drawbacks
- Experienced Excel & PowerPoint user
- Experience working with Salesforce & Operative1 is a plus
- Ability to present complicated concepts and ideas in an easy-to-understand format
- Proactive and engaging, with a positive approach towards problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, unstructured, and dynamic environment
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.