Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager - Primary Research, ABC NewsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 697157BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Aug. 29, 2019
- Help design and execute primary research projects.
- Encompasses research on current ABC News programs (Good Morning America, World News Tonight), digital initiatives (ABC News Live) as well as concepts/products in development.
- Coordinate with research vendors & internal teams, design surveys/screeners/discussion guides.
- Field research, analyze/ interpret results, and compile final reports.
- Use 3rd party tools to keep across developments in the news and media landscape.
- Deliver meaningful insights and establish collaborative relationships with News stakeholders.
- 3 + years’ experience in custom qualitative and quantitative market research gained through prior positions in an entertainment/TV company, market research company, advertising agency, or brand consultancy firm.
- Experience in conceiving and executing primary research - qualitative studies (ethnography, focus groups) and quantitative analytics (statistical analysis, segmentation).
- Skilled in sample design, questionnaire development & design, survey writing, and fielding logistics.
- Prior end to end project management experience and strong presentation skills.
- Prior experience managing primary/custom research at a broadcast network or cable network is preferred.
- Familiarity with 3rd party sources such as MRI, Kantar, E-Poll data.
- Experience with SPSS, Tableau and/or presentation tools such as Prezi.
Required EducationB.A. Degree
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.