Manager, ProductionApply NowApply Later Job ID 10001396 Location New York, New York, United States Business Marvel Entertainment Date posted Jun. 27, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Marvel Digital Media is seeking a Production Manager who will support the operation of this New York-based production team. The Digital Production team is tasked with the creation of video content, from promotional material to original and branded entertainment that will be distributed on all key social media platforms, as well as creation and distribution of original scripted and unscripted Marvel podcasts.
Even though this is not a creative or editorial position, the Production Manager will have a love for great storytelling (in both audio and digital video mediums) and be thrilled to work with our podcast and video teams to help create exceptional programs. The Production Manager will serve as the organizational hub: establish the production process, help set schedules, keep track of budgets and costs, solve problems, and spot ways where we could be more efficient in our work. The position will be responsible for seeing various project assignments through completion working closely with the Producers, and will wear a lot of hats as part of the Production Management team.
- Work closely with show producer(s) to book recordings, hire freelancers, and rent equipment, sometimes at a moment’s notice.
- Timeline management: Communicate and adjust production schedules. Maintain a close eye on delivery schedule, while maintaining a qualitative delivery.
- Communicate with legal as needed on behalf of the producers, and maintain legal processes on the show, including NDAs, guest releases, etc.
- Provide support to Producers through entire production lifecycle.
- Establish and maintain meeting agendas - leading team members through a list of priorities.
- Maintain weekly audio tracker, marketing elements tracker, and other documentation as necessary.
- Generate financial reporting for various show budgets.
- Spearhead the creation of video assets for marketing and provide support to other teams for the creation of all other marketing assets.
- Coordination with the Business Development and Editorial teams as necessary to ensure smooth communication around all initiatives.
- Assist in Talent Coordination, where necessary.
- Manage music libraries and other audio tools on behalf of the team.
- Maintain file organization and archiving protocols for audio projects.
- Assist in contract negotiation and deal memo creation and working with Legal to build out and execute contracts for freelancers and production companies (across Digital Media).
- Help to guide and develop junior members of the Production Management team.
- Lead special projects and other initiatives as they come up.
- Minimum 5-6 years experience in video/audio production in the entertainment space.
- Proven ability to organize workflows and tracking systems in a fast-paced, creative environment
- Highly organized, resourceful and dependable with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with staff, internal and external contacts
- Proven track record of building and managing relationships with vendors and colleagues
- Strong technical skills -- can adapt to different tools easily.
- Can-do attitude with ability to work within a fast-paced team
- Comfortable working under pressure and impeccable attention to detail.
- Bidding experience and passion for budgeting.
- Ability to be adept at multi-tasking, prioritizing, and managing a variety of different projects at once.
- Ability to handle confidential materials and issues in a professional manner
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of Movie Magic Budgeting, Photoshop, Premiere, ProTools
- Familiarity with SAP
About Marvel Entertainment:
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is one of the world's most prominent character-based entertainment companies, built on a proven library of over 8,000 characters featured in a variety of media over seventy years. Marvel utilizes its character franchises in entertainment, licensing and publishing.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Marvel New Media Creative Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Marvel Entertainment.
Marvel New Media Creative Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.