Manager (Ratings and Measurement), Research - ABC NewsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 710536BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Nov. 12, 2019
Responsibilities:Reporting and Analyses
- Provide accurate and thoughtful reporting and analyses of Nielsen data; including but not limited to daily, weekly, monthly reporting and other deliverables that align with stakeholder strategy and industry timelines.
- Lead reporting and analyses across all programs, including in depth studies and competitive analyses. Be a thought leader on all News programs, managing day-to-day demands with broader strategic thinking. Proactively suggest projects and reports to reflect trends and questions specific to that program. Act as a main point of contact for news stakeholders, independently answering their questions and requests.
- Serve as an internal subject matter expert on the reporting tools and metrics employed by ABC News research.
- Build high trust, collaborative relationships with News stakeholders as well as other internal departments; act as a representative of the research department within News and other key stakeholders.
- Create and maintain program/daypart tracks on an ongoing basis to ensure the research team has accurate and seamlessly usable records and databases.
- Identify opportunities to streamline regular reporting and deliver fast turnarounds for a high volume of data.
Media Landscape Trends
- Implement and maintain best practice processes for keeping resources such as internal databases, records and calendars maintained and up to date.
- Propose and execute new functions/ideas that enhance the research team’s output and/or streamline current processes.
- Strong ability to lead a project from start to finish with little to no supervision.
- Keep abreast of ABC initiatives as well as larger media landscape trends with a focus on news media, television, pop-culture and viewership trends. Incorporate that knowledge and holistic thinking into all analyses.
Research Best Practices
- All data reporting requires extremely detail oriented, meticulous approach to ensure accuracy in all analyses and communications.
- Ability to distill and synthesize data, clearly and effectively translate complex ideas, research methodologies and trends into clear, actionable insights both in written and graphic formats. Communicate with a variety of business partners and stakeholders at multiple levels of the organization.
- Leverage available 3rd party tools to tell comprehensive ratings stories and collaborate on custom research as needed.
- Stay abreast of Nielsen rules / procedures and propose tactics to optimize ratings and ABC’s competitive position (i.e., breaking news procedures). Serve as an internal expert on Nielsen methodologies and explain measurement details clearly to stakeholders.
- Lead initiatives that maximize ABC’s competitive positions such as program name retitling with Nielsen and anticipate and plan for reporting of special events and one-offs.
- Identify and pursue methodological anomalies with Nielsen and other vendors. Update News stakeholders on potential impact and provide strategies on how to best respond.
Please note that this is a framework for expectations, but is not all encompassing.
Job scope, focus and skillset may evolve based on the changing industry landscape and the needs of the business.
- Minimum 5 years experience working at a network or studio
- Prior experience using Nielsen data and software (NPower, NNTV).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Prior experience at a broadcast network is preferred.
- Experience with digital/multiplatform and 3rd party tools such as comScore, Omniture, Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, SPSS and/or Tableau.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.