Manager, Research & AnalyticsApply NowApply Later Job ID 926779BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Mar. 09, 2022
The Disney Media Entertainment and Distribution (DMED) Sports Research, Insights & Analytics team utilizes all facets of media research (Nielsen, comScore, Adobe Analytics, etc.) as well as primary research to inform ESPN as well as the larger Walt Disney Company on A) how the sports category and specific content is currently performing and B) how the business can drive even greater consumption in the future.
The Manager, Research & Analytics will focus on supporting The Walt Disney Company’s ESPN/Sports business, with a primary focus on covering the NHL, Golf, and Fantasy. They will manage analysis and reporting to company stakeholders utilizing viewership sources from third parties like Nielsen and Comscore to internal analytics from proprietary sources. Additionally, they will be involved in primary and secondary research efforts that include, but are not limited to, understanding the fans of the sports they analyze. Ultimately, the objective for this position is to support the NHL, Golf, and Fantasy stakeholders in achieving growth from this content. This person should be naturally curious, thoughtful, and creative and have a strong analytical background. The individual will have a passion for understanding the sports fan and the media industry.
- Lead the reporting and communications of assigned sports performance across platforms through standard reporting and presentation building
- Translate findings and deliver clear actionable insights to management to grow engagement with assigned sports
- Be actively aware of assigned sports schedule, media coverage, direct-to-consumer access, and Sports business to develop actionable insights
- Should have at least 5 years of media research experience within media, agency, or research supplier.
- Experience reporting on and using Nielsen’s TV viewership suite products (NNTV, NPower, etc.)
- Comscore Media Metrix, Multiplatform and XMedia
- Web analytics tools like Adobe Analytics, Google Analytics and Conviva
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Understanding of the market positioning and strategies of ESPN and the Walt Disney Company.
- Collaborative nature and ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to produce original ideas when analyzing problems.
- Online survey software like Qualtrics
- Social Analytics tools such as Sprinklr, Shareablee, Tubular, etc.
- Undergraduate Degree required
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.