Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Sales & Ticketing - BroadwayApply Now Apply Later Job ID 645136BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group,The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Mar. 04, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Theatrical Group is currently seeking a wise, independent and analytical self-starter with a strong sense of grace to join our team as Manager, Sales & Ticketing. This position requires a candidate to possess keen relationship management expertise, an understanding of Broadway and touring markets, and knowledge of ticketing, inventory management and sales strategy.
DISNEY THEATRICAL PRODUCTIONS (DTP) operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global audience of more than 20 million people a year in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical Productions banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway productions around the world, including Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Elton John & Tim Rice’s Aida, TARZAN®, Mary Poppins, a co-production with Cameron Mackintosh, The Little Mermaid, Peter and the Starcatcher, Newsies, Aladdin, and Frozen. Other successful stage musical ventures have included the Olivier-nominated London hit Shakespeare in Love, stage productions of Disney’s High School Musical, Der Glöckner Von Notre Dame in Berlin, and King David in concert. DTP has collaborated with the country’s leading regional theatres to develop new stage titles including The Jungle Book, The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Freaky Friday.
Disney Theatrical Productions also delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live!, bringing beloved Disney stories and characters annually to over 12 million guests in nearly 50 countries worldwide. In addition, DTP licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International, including The Lion King Experience, a unique holistic arts education program wherein accredited elementary and middle schools produce condensed, age-appropriate JR. and KIDS adaptations of The Lion King.
Responsibilities:Primary responsibilities include the day-to-day sales analysis of touring productions and leading the Sales & Ticketing team's relationships with sales partners across the US and Canada. In this role, the individual must work daily with internal partners such as Regional Engagement Directors, Marketing and Finance and externally with touring presenters, venue box offices, and various third party sales partners with the goal of achieving the optimal revenue and attendance for DTG’s touring productions.
This individual will report to the Vice President, Sales & Analytics and will lead Coordinator, Sales & Ticketing who will provide support across all Touring productions.
- Leading the yield management responsibilities of touring productions, including:
- All pricing and inventory management, event builds, presales, on-sales and other direct-to-consumer promotions in consultation with the Domestic Touring and/or Marketing teams as appropriate
- Developing and managing direct-to-consumer partner relationships, including offer development and site placement
- Monitoring and offering strategic insights into the secondary market
- Developing and expanding upon revenue and yield management models and tools to further drive profitability for the touring line of business
- Managing and creating discount and distribution plans as needed for distressed inventory
- Supervising all direct to consumer email requests, including campaign setup, proofing, and deployment with external vendors
- Moderate-to-heavy travel is required throughout the year
- Oversight of Coordinator, Sales & Ticketing
- Candidates should have at least five years of experience (or the educational equivalent) in a Touring Broadway Sales & Ticketing environment with a history of leading at least one team member
- Extensive, working knowledge of at least one ticketing system such as Ticketmaster HOST, Ticketmaster Archtics or Tessitura is required; general familiarity of all three as well as select others is preferred
- A strong proficiency with Excel (including pivot tables, nested functions and data modeling) is required; a basic level of statistical knowledge is preferred
- The candidate must be well organized, detail-oriented, and possess strong guest service skills
- Applicants must be able to work independently and manage multiple priorities and projects at once, all with a positive attitude, analytical mind and the ability to work well within a team
- An appreciation for the Disney brand is required
Additional Information:DTP is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.