Manager, Sales Planning (Programmatic)Apply NowApply Later Job ID orgFefwk Location New York, New York, United States Business Hulu Date posted Feb. 11, 2021
Hulu’s Revenue Management division is seeking an experienced Manager who will be an outstanding addition to our Sales Planning team. As a Manager of Sales Planning at Hulu, you will be responsible for providing mentorship, education and tactical direction to our Sales Planners and will be tasked with supporting the revenue generation of the Sales organization with a focus on our Automation business verticals, Advanced TV/Programmatic and Self-Service. Reporting into the Sr. Manager of Automation, this role will be passionate about leading all aspects of, hiring, training and developing the Sales Planning team as well as focusing on evaluating, revising and implementing new processes, sales strategies and tactics. The Manager of Sales Planning will be accountable for monitoring the performance, workflow and individual progress of each team member. The Manager of Sales Planning will also provide Advanced TV/Programmatic pricing instruction and approvals for the Sales Planners and the Sales teams and will manage relationships with business partners at various levels of the organization. The right person for this role must be very detail-oriented, a strong communicator, a problem-solver, and is adept at building & maintaining relationships. If you are someone who thrives in a results-driven, fun and fast-paced Sales environment, then this is an excellent role for you.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage a team of Sales Planners across U.S. offices
- Collaborate with Planning Management counterparts to lead hiring process for new Sales Planners across U.S Offices
- Provide direction on training and education materials to Planning Specialists
- Collaborate with Sales in assessing Sales Planner performance to ensure that personal and team goals are achieved
- Support automated Sales efforts, including Advanced TV/Programmatic and Self-Service by helping to implement pricing strategy as directed by Sales/Planning Management in order to maximize Hulu revenue
- Develop processes and documentation to support changes within our toolset and across our business strategy
- Constantly assess all steps within the RFP process to resolve inefficiencies and redundancy
- Utilize marketplace knowledge and experience to inform new and developing go-to-market strategies
- Collaborate with the Ad Operations leads to build a seamless flow across pre and post sales functions
- Partner with the marketing teams to ensure Sales packages meet current marketplace expectations
- Collaborate with Senior Management and Analytics to generate reporting, analysis of trends and support optimization to facilitate the growth of the business
- A minimum of 5 years working in a digital advertising capacity, with a focus on yield, reporting and analytics preferred
- At least 2 years digital management experience and at least
- Solid understanding of how Advanced TV/Programmatic digital media is bought and sold; including proficiency in ad tech a plus
- Experience working within a national sales organization
- A strong knowledge of online ad products, ad serving capabilities, philosophies and drawbacks
- Experienced Excel & Powerpoint user
- Experience working with Salesforce & Operative1 a plus
- Ability to present complicated concepts and ideas in an easy to understand format
- Proactive and engaging, with a positive approach towards problem-solving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, unstructured and dynamic environment
- Management or HR consulting experience
- Programmatic Sales/Management experience
Hulu is the leading premium streaming service offering live and on-demand TV and movies, with and without commercials, both in and outside the home. Operating at the intersection of entertainment and technology, Hulu has a unique opportunity to be the number one choice for TV. We captivate and connect viewers with the stories they love, and we're looking for people who are passionate about redefining TV through innovation, unconventional thinking, and embracing fun. Join us and see what Hulugan life is all about.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Hulu, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Hulu.
Hulu, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.