Manager, Security Operations (Project Hire)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 820396BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Jul. 07, 2021
Reporting directly to Global Security Senior Manager of DTG Operations, the Security Manager of touring will have a close day-to-day working relationship with DTG SVP Production, General Management and the Touring Department at Disney Theatrical.
In this role, you will serve as the principal expert, advisor, and strategist for Disney Theatrical Group leadership, Global Security leadership, on all matters affecting the security of the company’s DTG touring and regional engagements. Assigned by the Global Security Senior Manager of DTG Operations, you will entail advising and coordinating security and intelligence matters as they relate to the highest level and most sensitive issues affecting DTG and the company. This role requires the ability to discreetly provide protective strategies and services within diverse environments for a diverse population of employees, interact with all levels of management both internally and externally, maintain strict confidentiality, and possess exceptional communication skills while fostering an environment of trust and confidence through integrity and professionalism.
This role, which requires extensive travel across the country, is also responsible for liaising, intelligence, and investigation of Global Production Security for DTG segments. This role will include extensive collaboration with company leadership on strategy, development and implementation, production physical security, company member safety and Intellectual property protection initiatives for live theatre. This role also serves as the authority on both production and protective security, adding value by maximizing security opportunities and driving long-term effectiveness.
- Provides assessments and recommendations to the DTG leadership and Global Security leadership on the most sensitive matters pertaining to the company.
- Responsible for coordination and resolution of highly sensitive legal/contractual matters as they affect security support provided to DTG.
- Accompany the DTG tour segment on domestic business activities for multiple travelling productions for multi-week engagements.
- Responsible for hiring decisions on positions that provide direct security support to the DTG tour segment as well as forward-facing DTG security positions.
- Responsible for coordinating intelligence gathering requirements with both internal and external partners to conduct threat and risk analyses relating to company activities.
- Must possess a flexible work schedule with ability and interest to travel consistently across the USA, both for the purposes of advance preparations as well as providing on-site security and intelligence throughout a run in any given city.
- Partners with regional security management on domestic activities collaborating on development of security plans and operational logistics.
- In collaboration with the Tour team, conduct advance visits to event sites, partner with intelligence gathering sources, and coordinate with local, state, federal and international agencies during all pre-planning activities.
- Collaborates with Global Security investigative and regional security management teams on identified production and talent and security operation issues.
- Directly responsible for day to day supervision of the Production & Security operation team in developing, coordinating, and implementing all of production’s physical security and protective security initiatives, strategies and processes.
- Directs development of effective security plans to safeguard assets and mitigate risks to the organization.
- Advises Global Security Management, DTG leadership and other company stakeholders and delivers a strong analytical approach to production and protective security strategies.
- Directs development and documentation of standards for measuring efficiency and effectiveness of the protection of both intellectual and physical properties during production’s lifecycle.
- Reports on production security program compliance and progress to respective business leaders in coordination with key business partners.
- Contributes to priorities of key stakeholders creating a synergistic approach in all interactions.
- Applies risk assessment and proactive security measures at key facilities, events, and transportation. Coordinates and validates recommendations with executive office staff.
- Ensures ongoing program excellence, rigorous program evaluation, consistent quality of budget oversight, and recommendation of timelines and resources needed to achieve goals.
- Builds effective and strategic relationships with external partners, municipal, state, federal, and international law enforcement agencies.
- Establishes key performance metrics/goals and appropriate corporate administrative and business unit functions.
- 10+ years of experience of increasing responsibility within the security field including 5 years of experience leading a comparable sized organization and staff at a rapid growth multinational corporation.
- Must be a strategic thinker capable of communicating to all levels of the organization as well as externally to suppliers and partners.
- Proven skills of influencing senior management and key stakeholders.
- Proven ability to establish credibility as a business partner respected by the client-base with proven ability to gain buy-in from teams.
- Must possess the ability to communicate directly with talent both on an one-on-one and group basis.
- A self-starter who is organized, intuitive, and a collaborative problem-solver with the ability to be effective in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical ability to identify and assess exposure to loss, and to examine alternative risk control techniques.
- Ability to build trust and instill self-confidence through mutual respect and ongoing communication.
- Demonstrated track record in dealing with the effective communication of complex organizational and human resource issues.
- Capable of handling multiple and complex situations.
- Demonstrated understanding of the historic and current impact of violence on various dimensions of diversity and ability to integrate proactively responsive solutions that support those communities within our touring and regional companies
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Attends and participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required.
- Models and supports the mission and values of The Walt Disney Company and Disney Theatrical Group by demonstrating inclusive behavior and maintaining a safe and professional working environment.
- Strong working knowledge of social media and associated security issues.
- Protective security training and experience preferred.
- Entertainment industry experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of specific requirements imposed by foreign government agencies is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or international equivalent in an area of study relevant to this position or at least 10 – 15 years of experience in private sector corporate security or a related public sector organization.
- Graduate degree preferred.
- Certified Protection Professional – C.P.P. preferred.
Additional Information:DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.