Manager, Software EngineeringApply NowApply Later Job ID 986670BR Location New York, New York, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted May 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Media Security team is responsible for implementing technology to securely deliver streams and prevent piracy, and is looking for a leader and people manager to drive our team forward.
Responsibilities include design and discovery of new projects, executional success, domain ownership, operational expertise, and career and people coaching. From a technology perspective, this role requires strong Functional Programming, Scala, and AWS experience, and a standard of excellence in high availability, high throughput systems.
Work with a team of engineers building software in a collaborative development process
- Become a domain expert and help the team understand product requirements, prioritization, and project sequencing.
- Build high-performance, stable, scalable systems to be deployed in an enterprise setting
- Lead high-level architecture discussions and planning sessions
- Author and provide feedback on technical proposals and root cause analyses
- Provide mentoring and advice for other engineers
- Establish engineering best practices and standards within the team to drive quality and excellence
- Contribute to the DSS technical community through presentations, tech talks, and other knowledge-sharing efforts
- 8+ years of technical experience
- 2+ years of technical and engineering leadership experience
- Experience delivering backend applications in a production environment
- Awareness of functional programming and Scala
- Experience building RESTful services
- Understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, promises, async/await) and threading/concurrency
- Understanding of source control concepts and exposure to Git
- Experience with build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins and Docker
- Experience with application monitoring software such as Grafana, Datadogetc.
- Experience with cloud platforms such as AWS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-learner, independent, excellent problem-solving skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training or work experience
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.