Manager Sports Marketing, NHLApply NowApply Later Job ID 860974BR Location New York, New York, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
- Contribute to the development of NHL marketing strategies and promotional plans of major tentpole moments throughout the season
- Act as lead quarterback, in support of the Coordinator, between key internal and external stakeholders to deliver campaign on time, on brand and in a culturally relevant fashion
- Act as lead in internal cross-functional meetings setting agendas, taking meeting notes, and spearheading calls
- Assist in development of marketing briefs to internal and external partners in support of priority programming
- Contribute, and lead the development of strategy from tentpole to tentpole in the areas of: Social and Music
- Collaborate in the development of recaps for internal Leadership, Leagues and Programming team as needed
- Manage day-to-day relationship with internal and external creative partners including the planning and management of full timelines
- Contribute or lead weekly planning meetings with cross functional teams (Media, Programming, Production, Affiliate) to ensure alignment on plans and initiatives
- Establish strong and collaborative relationships with key internal and external partners including Programming, Production, League partners
- Assist in deck outline and building for league meetings, executive presentations, among other instances that require visual presentations
- Assist with the day-to-day management of marketing strategies and campaign launch plans including:
- Utilize fan insights and research to inform marketing strategy
- Manage creative development, from inception to approvals and execution
- Plan and schedule marketing efforts with Media partners
- League communication, campaign extensions and implementation
- Affiliate campaign development and asset delivery
- Manage pre-production and production logistics and timelines supporting live action, clip-based campaigns and photography shoots
- Provide detailed performance analysis of all marketing plans and initiatives
- Create, collaborate and contribute to: NHL social media efforts, CRM efforts and overall Media efforts
- Manage and support marketing activations and fan experiences
- Manage and mentor the Marketing Coordinators – Setting regular check-ins to track development and opportunities for growth
- Manage the NHL Production budget
- Minimum of 4 years of related marketing/advertising required with an understanding of marketing fundamentals, including strategic and creative development, creative evaluation, and budget management
- Minimum of 1 years of people management
- Strong strategic marketing acumen
- Organization and attention to detail
- Ability to work in extremely fast paced environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrates an understanding and appreciation of ESPN’s unique brand voice
- Strong work ethic. Must be self-motivated and able to take the initiative to get the job done
- Fluency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, and Excel.
- Minimum of 2 years of people management.
- Is a passionate sports fan with a comprehensive knowledge of the assigned sport.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Hold self and others to a quality, on-time delivery.
- Embraces and passionate about social media. Knowledge of and understanding of all social media platforms.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint). Adobe Suite experience desired.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- (i.e. physical requirements, holiday, nights, weekend shifts, etc.)
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.