Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager Studio Engineering & Systems Support TSSApply Now Apply Later Job ID 554882BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Media Networks Brand Disney ABC Television Group Date posted May. 14, 2018
Job Summary:ABC News seeks a Manager of Studio Engineering & Systems Support for its Time Square Studios to manage the day-to-day technical and production requirements for ABC’s Good Morning America and all outside clients. The position requires a future-forward technologist well versed in operations, editing, and production scheduling. The successful candidate will act as a liaison between news and systems support, collaborating with show units in an effort to support daily production needs as well as explore and implement new technology.
- Manage local System Support Specialists by exhibiting leadership in technical strategy, through assignment of task and oversight of project progress. Focus areas include: daily studio support, and system design
- Manage System Support Specialists in the implementation of new production methods and support through the process
- Manage infrastructure design and interconnectivity between facilities
- Assist in the overall strategic design and vision of facility
- Aid in the troubleshooting and resolution of all technical issues, along with providing detailed resolutions
- Communicate with clients, staff and colleagues clearly and efficiently
- Manage Technical and Production Support scheduling
- Monitor Individual staff performance, skill levels along with growth, and provide timely feedback
- Remain informed on industry trends and new technology developments
- Candidates must have at least 5 years' experience and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and exhibit a thorough understanding of automated technology and traditional broadcast technology
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and demanding live/24-hour news environment
- Must have a strong passion for news and work collaboratively across multiple departments
- Must have extensive experience with video production, control room automation, technology, and digital media
- Candidates must have strong interpersonal and management skills, strong project management skills, excellent communication and presentation skills, and a strong leadership presence
- Must have a proven track record of innovative thinking and execution of large-scale technical projects
- 10+ years’ experience in an engineering managerial role, Broadcast/Cable television, Studio or within Post Production environment is required
- Engineering degree or Systems Specialist background preferred
- Strong understanding of Audio/Video IP Routing and signal flow
- Client Services support and communication
- In-depth technical knowledge
- Newsroom systems & IT knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.