Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager, Subscriber Forecasting and KPI Reporting, Disney StreamingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715599BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Oct. 30, 2019
DSS is seeking a Manager that will be responsible for compiling subscriber forecasts for both the domestic and international Disney+ service. Candidates will need to distill business trends and performance indicators into financial forecasts with a high degree of focus on subscriber metrics. This is inclusive of, but not limited to, implementing free trial sign-up rates, conversion rates, churn assumptions, and marketing/content considerations, all while being cognizant of the interdependent nature of these inputs.
Forecasts and reporting will aim to provide operational teams and executive management a snapshot into expected financial performance, but will also serve as the basis for ad hoc scenario analysis. Ad hoc analysis will be key in understanding sensitivities around performance and will provide rapid insight into the financials backing business developments. Successful analysis will also require collaboration across multiple cross functional teams, as well synthesizing insights from data to identify the appropriate narrative for both financial and non-financial audiences.
The pace and cadence for change at DSS necessitates an ability to manage multiple projects, collaborate with multiple stakeholders, and roll up sleeves to support this important segment of the Disney business.
- Forecast monthly subscribers including split of organic/paid, conversion rates, churn and blended CPA
- Develop sensitivity analysis on subscriber forecasts with respect to business developments to drive better understanding of financial impact
- Collaborate across the finance team to ensure alignment on key assumptions and understanding of KPIs
- Develop performance dashboards and analyze results to identify appropriate inputs for subscriber forecasts
- Gain familiarity across all the financial planning models for the streaming service, including forecasts around content, technology and paid marketing spend to provide a fulsome perspective on all levers of the business
- 5+ years of relevant work experience with DTC
- Excellent modelling skills with a special talent to defend model assumptions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and resolve issues
- High level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel
- Able to balance multiple priorities simultaneously and resolve issues quickly
- Skilled in distilling insights from data and synthesizing and crafting compelling presentations for executive audiences, both financial and non-financial
- Able to maintain both a rigorous attention to detail and a big-picture, strategic mindset
- Deliverable-focused, strong work ethic, able to prioritize, and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in investment banking or management consulting
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.