Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Marketing Intern, Disney Theatrical Group – Summer 2018Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 519824BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Studio Entertainment Brand Disney Theatrical Group Date posted 02/02/2018
Disney Theatrical Group operates under the direction of Thomas Schumacher and is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, bringing live entertainment events to a global annual audience of more than 19 million people in more than 50 countries. Under the Disney Theatrical banner, the group produces and licenses Broadway musicals around the world, delivers live shows globally through its license to Feld Entertainment, and licenses musical titles for local, school and community theatre productions through Music Theatre International.
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality career training and development for the widest, most diverse group throughout their career trajectory. DTG’s summer internship program provides undergraduate students with an immersive view of theatre administration through on-the-job experience, educational seminars, and individual and collective projects. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater administration, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
Be a part of something big…
Disney Theatrical Group is currently seeking a passionate self-starter for a summer internship in the Marketing department. The Marketing team intern will work in the areas of brand management, creative advertising, media planning, digital marketing, social media, and creative services. This position will work on projects that support Marketing, Press, Sales, Licensing and more.
Make an impact by…
- The marketing intern will learn how Disney Theatrical Group develops and executes creative advertising and marketing plans for a global theatre company with a focus on the Broadway hits, The Lion King, Aladdin and Frozen.
- The marketing intern will engage with the entire marketing team in its day-to-day operations on a rotating basis of specific disciplines and experience the practical application of creative advertising and marketing initiatives in the Broadway landscape.
Basic QualificationsYou bring…
- Genuine Interest in the theatre industry
- Interest in Marketing and Brand Management
- Solid understanding across all relevant Social Media platforms
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Creative and collaborative spirit, positive attitude, eager to learn
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability from May 29, 2018 through August 10, 2018.
- Must provide own housing and transportation to/from work. Positions are in New York, NY.
- Must be enrolled in an undergraduate program at a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter prior to participation in the internship program, AND returning to school for at least one semester at the completion of the internship
The Walt Disney Company is the global leader in high-quality entertainment and innovative technology. Begin a career that delivers unparalleled creative content and experiences to audiences around the world.
The Walt Disney Studios is an Equal Opportunity Employer