Already applied?View Dashboard
Marketing Operations Manager (Connectivity)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 631630BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Mar. 11, 2019
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services is a business unit within The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International (DTCI) segment that oversees all consumer-facing digital video subscription services across the company. Disney Streaming is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; the upcoming Disney SVOD service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Its core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
Marketing Operations empowers our marketing and partner teams to unleash growth velocity. By enabling our marketing platforms, we continuously optimize user capabilities for marketers. With our partners in Product, Data & Analytics and more, we strategically align to build systemic solutions that enables marketers to ideate and test concepts. All with a relentless focus on the best experience for our users.
The Marketing Operations Manager holistically oversees our data connectivity enablement and closely partners with Data & Analytics, Data Engineering, Customer Information Management, and Product teams to define marketing platform data requirements, identify sources of data, ensures monitoring throughput, and overall quality assurance. A successful Marketing Operations Manager maximizes our data utilization within our marketing platforms while balancing the needs of users and internal stakeholders using a measured approach.
- Drive initial data requirements definition for marketing platforms
- Manage data pipe(s) throughput monitoring and mitigation plans
- Define opportunities to optimize our data pipe(s) to reduce latency or mitigate issues
- Source and define data opportunities for our marketing platforms with internal stakeholders or external parties
- Leverage or define taxonomies to enable performance measurement or user workflow organization
- Document and/or diagram decisions, system or data flows, user flows
- Perform data extraction (e.g. attribute, list) or ingestion processes to our marketing platforms
- Assist with in-platform scripting to leverage data
- Ensure compliance of CAN-SPAM, GDPR, COPPA and other regulatory requirements
- 5+ years in marketing, data or product driving platform implementations, optimization and insights
- Attention to detail, with an ability to identify issues and implement remedies
- Working knowledge of SQL to complete data extractions/ingestions and articulate more complex ETL requirements to technical teams
- Passion for velocity, enabling the team to scale through superior project management
- Analytic orientation and curiosity, using insights to drive your next course of action
- An understanding and administration of data connectivity best practices
- Superior communication and documentation skills
- Experience supporting a large stakeholder team (we're global and distributed)
- Self-motivated, with a drive to exceed user expectations and enable marketers
- Thrives in ownership
- Scripting (e.g. AMPscript, Liquid)
- CIPT / CIPM / CIPP (IAPP)
- Statistical analysis
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Braze, Localytics
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; the upcoming Disney subscription video service; and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.