Already applied?View Dashboard
Marketing and Publicity CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 543583BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Publishing Worldwide Date posted 04/09/2018
Job Summary:The Marketing & Publicity Coordinator is a full-time entry level position that assists the marketing and publicity teams on promotions, advertising, sales materials, and media mailings.
This role identifies, enhances and follows specific processes and procedures to maximize the efficiencies of the Marketing and Publicity department. Under the management of the Senior Manager, Marketing Promotions and Sales Communications, this role will:
- Assist with the seasonal catalogs, PowerPoint presentations, sell sheets and additional sales assets in preparation for seasonal presentations to sales, including gathering and updating information from various departments (editorial, design, marketing, publicity)
- Assist with the update and ongoing maintenance of Disney Book Group’s presence on the Edelweiss digital catalog
- Coordinate annual Regional Holiday Advertising (obtain copy, assets) and submit materials to Publications
- Handle the daily operational activities of the publicity department including organizing press materials, researching, and updating and maintaining media lists
- Maintain and update Book Award submissions
- Create and send author confirmation letters to event locations and communicate book orders to our Hachette partners
- Assist with the weekly DCPI update
- Monitor DPW Publicity general mailbox and reply to requests and correspondence
- Coordinate review copy and promotional materials mailings
- Lead weekly Publicity schedule meeting
- Manage creation of signage for author events and trade shows
- Attend and support Disney Book Group’s presence at local shows such as Book Expo and New York Comic Con
- General administrative support, such as making copies, mailing packages, scheduling meetings, booking travel and answering phones
- Additional support responsibilities as assigned
- This position requires a Bachelor's degree (preferred Marketing, Communications, Literature, or a related area)
- 1-2 years of experience and understanding of publishing functions and processes a plus
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally
- Candidate must be enthusiastic, hardworking, work quickly and accurately under tight deadlines and have strong personal and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail is a must
- Capable of working within a collaborative team environment as well as independently
- Ability to take direction from multiple people
- Candidate must have good computer background - Mac & PC fluent. Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Keynote.Experience with SAP a plus
About Disney Publishing Worldwide:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Books, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Publishing Worldwide.
Buena Vista Books, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.