Media Coordinator, The ViewApply NowApply Later Job ID 956146BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Apr. 26, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
- Work with producers and editors to retrieve clips, broll and bump-ins for show segments and hot topics
- Pull footage from various sources for show segments, bumpers, cold open, teases and tape pieces.
- Create daily rundowns for production scripts for directorial staff.
- Clear footage with ABC Legal, Standards & Practices and Rights & Clearance teams.
- License footage with licensing companies.
- Work independently to produce tape elements.
- Import, transcode and organize footage from field shoots.
- Digitize material from XD Cams, DVC Pros, D5s, D2s, etc.
- Serve as liaison between directorial and production teams.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in editing material for television.
- Strong research and editing skills are a must with the ability to work under extreme deadlines
- Ability to make editorial judgments as well as an overall understanding of news or talk show programs
- Experience with various research/information banks including social media, broadcast news sources, entertainment news shows, press briefings, etc.
- Clear and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Candidates should have a demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Avid and social media
- Proficiency in Inews
Required EducationBachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.