Media Players Lead Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 963740BR Location New York, New York, United States / San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Apr. 28, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
As a Lead Software Engineer for the Living Room Devices Client Engineering Team, you will help us push the boundaries of what is possible in application video playback on some of the most interesting 10-foot devices in the marketplace! You’ll be part of a team exploring the playback experiences for Xbox and Windows devices.
We’re looking for an engineer who's proficient in C#/XAML for UWP with experience in client-side media playback. We will be building state of the art components that will be used in our apps, including Disney+, Star+, Hulu, and ESPN+.
Whether you’re in New York, California, or remote, we provide opportunities to elevate your career and to transform an industry.
We truly believe we offer a unique opportunity for any technologist:
- To build on an innovative technology stack
- To work with an outstanding team of engineers on award-winning, sophisticated apps and systems in a highly collaborative team environment
- To have an influence on products used globally by millions
- Help to lead the design and architecture of a reusable media player in a small team and support and work directly with application developers consuming your work.
- Write code that supports state of the art media and improves the experience of video playback.
- Build on code quality through test-driven development and unit testing.
- Collaborate closely with other engineering, product, design, and marketing teams to help define product requirements.
- Review and test code for correctness, and its impact on software architecture
- Provide oversight and direction to junior software engineers
- Collaborate with client application development teams, services engineering teams and product owners to help understand and explain device limitations and requirements.
- Strong programming background with experience in C#
- Experience with client side video players and concepts.
- Proven architectural skills and ability to communicate about software processes, architectures and design patterns.
- Experience mentoring junior level team members.
- Experience with XAML/C# for UWP
- Experience with the Microsoft media stack.
- Experience with HLS, DRM, closed captions, and linear video advertising.
- Experience building apps on connected devices and game consoles.
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.