Media Production Support Specialist - ABC NewsApply NowApply Later Job ID 818692BR Location New York, New York, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Sep. 10, 2021
Responsibilities:You are a go getter, able to work under minimal supervision, always asking why and wanting to learn more. You are engaged and understand that broadcast news is not a Monday thru Friday 9-5 kind of job. A team player who understands and lives the value that we are better together. You love to geek out, but have the ability to explain highly technical things to non-technical people. Your writing skills are on point and know your way around Visio. You have experienced a live News broadcast environment and understand contribution and distribution, file routing, transcoding, storage, and how virtualization, automation and cloud are shaping the industry.
- Strong ability to plan/develop, install and manage a variety of systems specific to editing and graphics creation.
- Knowledge and experience with transcoding multi format media.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills – combine critical thinking, logic, analytic reasoning, research and experience.
- Knowledge of signal processing, transport and broadcast transmission equipment.
- Experience working in a live broadcast environment.
- Strong computer/networking knowledge – including VLAN’s, Layer 2 & 3, IP addressing, route tables, domain administration, cloud computing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Flexible work hours, we are a 24/7 facility with evening, weekends and holidays work hours.
- Works well under pressure.
- Team player.
Required EducationTechnical/Vocational school training or certificate or degree in Engineering, Computer or Electronic Technology
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call General Entertainment Content,ABC News.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.