Already applied?View Dashboard
Media Production Support SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 615924BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney ABC Television Group Date posted Dec. 03, 2018
Job Summary:The Media Production Support Specialist will be responsible for the support and development of the Editing and Graphics facilities in New York. This encompasses the evaluation of new technology solutions, coordinating the implementation of projects and providing support for the daily broadcasts, digital live stream across all platforms, digital acquisition and VOD. This position will play a role in ensuring that the technology implementation is in accordance with ABCNews digital strategic plan. The Media Production Support Specialist will interface with all levels of Management and Production. They are responsible for creating and adhering to project budgets, leading projects and developing reports and presentations as required. This is a 24/7 business environment, the candidate must be able to have fluid work hours and remote in from home when required.
- Planning, installation and management of a variety of broadcast equipment such as Avid, EVS, Telestream, Omneon, Viz, Autodesk and Adobe.
- Develop workflows for Production requirements.
- Oversee the support of the editing and graphics facilities servicing ABCNews.
- Troubleshoot and fix IT and Broadcast issues.
- Understanding business needs and industry trends for strategic long term growth planning.
- Communication to peer’s and management both verbally and via written reports.
- Strong ability to plan/develop, install and manage a variety of broadcast systems including Avid, EVS, Omneon, Telestream, Viz, Autodesk and Adobe.
- Strong knowledge and experience with transcoding multi format media.
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision.
- Excellent PC and Broadcast troubleshooting skills – combine critical thinking, logic, analytic reasoning, research and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of signal processing, transport and transmission equipment.
- Experience working in a live broadcast environment.
- Strong computer/networking knowledge – including VLAN’s, Layer 2 & 3, IP addressing, route tables, domain administration, cloud computing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to plan and budget for ad-hoc projects.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Flexible work hours, we are a 24/7 facility, with evening, weekends, holidays work hours.
- Works well under pressure with very tight timeframes and deadlines.
Required EducationTechnical/Vocational school training or certificate in Engineering, Computer or Electronic Technology
Preferred EducationBachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer or Electronics Technology
About Disney ABC Television Group:
Disney/ABC Television Group (DATG) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, DATG offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, DATG includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney ABC Television Group.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.