Media Production Support SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 765480BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Sep. 16, 2020
- Planning, installation and management of a variety of equipment such as Viz, EVS, Telestream, Omneon, Avid and Adobe.
- Develop workflows for Production requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT and Broadcast issues.
- Understanding business needs and industry trends for strategic growth and planning.
- Effectively communicate to peer’s and management both verbally and in writing.
- Strong ability to plan/develop, install and manage a variety of systems such as Viz, EVS, Telestream, Omneon, Avid and Adobe.
- Strong knowledge and experience with transcoding multi format media.
- Self-starter who works well with minimal supervision.
- Excellent PC and Broadcast troubleshooting skills – combine critical thinking, logic, analytic reasoning, research and experience.
- Excellent knowledge of signal processing, transport and transmission equipment.
- Experience working in a live broadcast environment.
- Strong computer/networking knowledge – including VLAN’s, Layer 2 & 3, IP addressing, route tables, domain administration, cloud computing.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with both technical and non-technical people.
- Ability to plan and budget for ad-hoc projects.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technology.
- Flexible work hours, we are a 24/7 facility with evening, weekends and holidays work hours.
- Works well under pressure with very tight timeframes and deadlines.
- Technical/Vocational school training or certificate in Engineering, Computer or Electronic Technology
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer or Electronics Technology
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.