Media Streaming EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 953654BR Location New York, New York, United States / Santa Monica, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Jun. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Monitoring of live event workflows
- Troubleshooting encoding and segmentation issues
- Engineering Projects
- Maintenance and support of live encoders and packagers
- Documentation of workflows and standard operation procedures
- Provide guidance and training to other operational staff
- Availability to work on evenings and weekends
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Ability to work independently to solve problems in both the video and IT domains
- Ability to quickly identify and resolve issues in a time sensitive and dynamic production environment
- Comfortable acting as a technical resource to other departments to address and resolve technical issues.
- Comfortable working with DSS staff around the in the United States (Eastern and Pacific Time Zones)
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience working in a video OTT/broadcast environment.
- Basic understanding of DAI workflows in a broadcast and OTT environment.
- Basic understanding of video fundamentals
- Intermediate knowledge of live video transmission acquisition and/or OTT encoding distribution workflows.
- Knowledge of IP video delivery protocols (HLS, MPEG-TS, DASH)
- Knowledge of video codecs and compression (H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC)
- Knowledge of audio codecs and containers (AAC, PCM, AC-3, EAC-3, MPEG-1 Layer-II)
- Knowledge of video delivery over content distribution networks
- Experience working with encoding platforms
- Experience working with an enterprise, or workstation, encoding solution such as AWS Elemental, Ateme Titan, or Wowza Cloud.
- Basic understanding of IP networks
- Basic network transport understanding (Multicast, TCP/UDP connections)
- Comfortable troubleshooting with Transport Stream and Elementary Stream analyzers
- Comfortable with Mac, Linux, and Windows environments, specifically on the command line.
- Knowledge of at least one programming/scripting language
- Basic scripting experience (BASH, Python, Ruby)
- Some experience with open-source encoding software such as FFMPEG or GStreamer
- Comfortable reading xml/json
- Experience writing technical documentation for consumption by both technical and non-technical people.
- Experience working with technology in mid-size to large data centers
- Linux systems administration experience strongly preferred.
- CentOS experience.
- Experience with REST API communication, either manually (cURL/Postman), or programmatically (through a scripting language library)
- Basic experience with command-line video tools like FFMPEG, MP4Box, and TSDuck
- Basic experience with automation suites (AWX/Ansible, Puppet)
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.