Merch Logistics Specialist (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 879363BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted Dec. 08, 2021
The role of Merchandise Logistics Specialist will support our internal merchandise inventory and logistics team overcome the current supply chain challenges facing our Disney Theatrical Merchandise Assortments, as well as our wholesale products going to our International Licences. This role will pull, format, analyse and communicate the weekly ‘on-order’ report of all current purchase orders in production overseas and domestically. They will work with our suppliers and the stores to communicate updates and delays as well as escalate any major disruptions that would affect lost revenue. This role will be the point person for all port and customs escalations. They will work with the Inventory Manager and our Product Development Manager on product viability sheets for all new item purchase orders and existing product re-orders as material costs have increased and are causing us to analyse our future liability and product planning for the stores. This support role will also assist in the maintenance of our Inventory Management System, Freight Tracker, Product Cost Sheets and PRR Test Logs.
- Obtain weekly reports from Disney’s Purchase Order System (ERPLY), our U.S. & U.K. Carriers and our Sourcing Logistics Team to consolidate into one “On Order” Report of all open Purchase Orders. This report will allow us to see where we are in the production process and ensure that we have adequate overlap with current on hand stock at our U.S. and U.K. warehouses. This will also track wholesale orders to our International Licenses.
- Based on the information in the ‘On Order’ Report, this role will follow up with the suppliers and factories to request feedback and updates, as well as escalate any major delays. They will then communicate to the corporate merchandise team and the retail stores any relevant information.
- Reach out to carriers to escalate delays in freight and ports.
- Update our Purchase Order System (ERPLY) with new in warehouse dates so that our inventory reports are accurate and stores can see when goods will be in warehouse in order to transfer to theaters/stores.
- Update and Maintain Product Cost Sheets that allow us to quickly review each item’s materials, costs, codes, factories, etc.
- Log all PRR Testing Approvals in our internal tracker. This will ensure that we don’t exceed expiration dates on product testing, as well as track all new testing for DTG products as well as our products fabricated by our international licenses.
- Work with Product Integrity to track open cases on products we are waiting for testing approvals to come through. Escalate to Inventory and Logistics Team any issues.
- Research and obtain all HTS Commodity Codes for purchase orders that will be imported into the U.K. as there are consistent changes and it could delay customs clearance.
- Maintain our internal Freight Tracker of all expenses and partner with accounting to make sure all is booked and allocated appropriately.
- Assist Product Development Manager with product knowledge sheets on new and existing items used for Retail Store Sales Teams and Wholesale Catalogues.
- Create UPS labels for shipments
- Work with Inventory Manager on Souvenir Program Inserts that regularly get updated with actor information.
- Email Communication: There is a heavy amount of email communications this role will be expected to review and execute in regards to Vendor, Logistics and Retail Stores. We are managing over 500+ skus that are consistently re-ordered and also new items we are getting into that need to orchestrated and communicated throughout the production & delivery process.
- Join weekly business meetings that pertain to the general merchandise business as well as specific product production/logistic needs.
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace.
- Attends and participates in equity, diversity & inclusion, anti-harassment, and any other anti-bias training and workshops as required.
- Models and supports the mission and values of The Walt Disney Company and Disney Theatrical Group by demonstrating inclusive behaviour and maintaining a safe and professional working environment.
Basic Qualifications:Experience Required:
- Minimum 1 year experience in supply chain, logistics role
- Experience working with product or goods suppliers
- Experience working with external partners to achieve deliverables
- Experience with organization and tracking of important documents
- Experience working in a fast pace environment to achieve results
- Excellent Communication, Organizational and Documenting Skills
- Excellent in Office Programs: Outlook, Excel, Word
- Pro-active problem solver
- Ability to work evenings or early mornings to communicate with overseas partners
- Attention to detail a must
- Team player
- Ability to escalate with clear thought through actions
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently & obtain what is needed from Line Manager
- Experience in retail, merchandise or sales department preferred but not required
- Experience working with freight forwarders, customs and/or other transportation industry businesses preferred but not required
Additional Information:DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, disability status, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.