Merchandise Coordinator (Temporary)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 787657BR Location New York, New York, United States Business Disney Theatrical Group Date posted May 04, 2021
Disney Theatrical Group is currently seeking a highly organized individual with effective communication skills to temporarily join our team as a Merchandise Coordinator. In this role you will provide daily support of 9 retail locations in theaters in the U.S and U.K. with the daily operational tasks to run a retail environment. These tasks include entering sales into reporting systems, fulfilling visual merchandising requests and signage changes, tour advancement by market and being a liaison to the merchandise corporate team initiatives. The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude with the ability to be proactive and balance multiple tasks in a fast pace environment. The position is a 5-month temporary role.
- Daily maintenance of customer service inquiries that concern merchandise requests. Fulfill any damage request for new items by shipping guest’s new items.
- Contacting Tour venues and sending contract templates for merchandise terms agreements. Track all communications and escalate when terms are not agreed.
- Perform all armored car set ups for tour, Broadway, and UK teams.
- Perform all cash vault set ups in each tour market.
- Partner with tax team to ensure sales taxes are accurate for each tour market to then set up tax lists in POS and Salesforce systems.
- Send out mailers to theater venues and guests all subscription collateral to tour markets.
- Assist in Ticketmaster set up and reporting of merchandise ticket add-ons.
- Assist in editing and making slight changes to templates via Photoshop to provide stores with their daily print needs.
- Print and ship all store signage as requested for promotions and price changes.
- Order all store name tags.
- Purchase and ship all visual merchandising assets for new store openings and store relaunches.
- Collect and enter all stores and licensed merchandise weekly sales into department tracker and upload International Sales into our reporting system, ERPLY.
- Purchase and ship all domestic & UK stores needed PPE equipment.
- Attend weekly merchandise team meetings to assist in execution of special programs affecting field stores (i.e., new store promotions, trainings, product roll outs, etc.).
- Assist in communication management of new branding collateral, product and operational best practices, wholesale catalogues and buying of calendars to/from international licensees.
- Manage department calendar for both the corporate and retail field merchandise teams.
- 3-5 years of experience in a coordinator and/or support role
- Experience in retail, merchandise or sales department preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently without direct supervision to achieve goals and daily responsibilities.
- Experience in customer service environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work remotely & obtain what is needed from Line Manager.
- Ability to work with external partners to achieve deliverables.
- Capable of working in a fast pace environment to achieve results.
- Superior Communication skills both written and verbal.
- Beginner to Moderate level of Photoshop and/or Illustrator
- Expert in Microsoft Office Programs: Outlook, Excel, Word
- Demonstrated organizational and Documenting Skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and prioritize effectively.
- Commitment to actively being part of and supporting a diverse and inclusive workplace
Additional Information:DTG is committed to providing the highest quality opportunities for the widest, most diverse group of talented professionals throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, ability, and sexual orientation.
About Disney Theatrical Group:
The Disney Theatrical Group, a division of The Walt Disney Studios, is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King, Aladdin and this year’s Frozen, have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide. The division also delivers live shows through its license to Feld Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live. Additionally, the division licenses full-length and junior and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Theatrical Group.
Buena Vista Theatrical Group Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.